TRS19_2022-02-26_23-01-57.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
TRS19_2022-02-26_23-10-00.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
TRS19_2022-02-26_23-14-33.png
[/FONT]

it looks so much better in 2019 than it does in TANE . I'm currently struggling to complete the last few miles in the canyons ( there is SO much sparse sage on the hills that it takes AGES to do just a little section. had to stop this afternoon as my hand is killing me, but in a few more weeks it should be complete and then I'll look at moving it to 2019 .

I decided to try and recreate this Otto Perry shot from 1939,
BahbX5y.jpg

and as usual, it falls considerably short of the real thing
qFqagvg.jpg

Given the limits of the simulator, I don't think it is all that bad. It's obvious a lot of work was put into making the route true to the real. The limits on the loco and rolling stock are mostly the tonal qualities of the colors. In the old photographs, it all comes out as a uniform gray, whereas in simulator you are dealing with blacks, grays, and reds.

it looks so much better in 2019 than it does in TANE . I'm currently struggling to complete the last few miles in the canyons ( there is SO much sparse sage on the hills that it takes AGES to do just a little section. had to stop this afternoon as my hand is killing me, but in a few more weeks it should be complete and then I'll look at moving it to 2019 .

Evening Sir Dan,

Understand the wrist pain, I have Arthritis or whatever it is, that hurts and stiffens my ligaments in hands and feet, getting older isn't always kind to us.....

So I have a thought for something that might be of help to you...

Check this out and see what you think......I used KT Tape for my knee after trimming torn cartilage from a nasty fall, about 15 years ago in my house, missed a step coming down some stairs.....

https://www.kttape.co.uk/pages/wrist

How KT Tape can help

KT Tape is appropriate for Grade I and II sprains, and Grade III sprains after seeking medical attention. Kinesiology Tape can help to provide stability. Additionally, Kinesiology Tape is flexible to allow for a healthy range of motion to speed the healing process. Other treatments include rest, ice, NSAIDs, and in very severe cases, surgery. It is very important to get an accurate diagnosis in moderate to severe cases to avoid future complications

This Kinesiology Tape application will take pressure off of the injured wrist, facilitate normal movement and decrease inflammation.*

How to use KT Tape: Wrist

The wrist functions to provide range of motion and stability. The wrist is made up of eight small bones (carpals) that support a narrow passage called the carpal tunnel. The carpal tunnel, supported by a ligament, carries tendons that control hand and finger motions as well as the nerve that causes great pain in carpal tunnel syndrome.
Causes of wrist sprain pain and injury

Wrist Pain can range from mild to severe. The extent of the injury is graded according to the amount of damage to the ligament. A wrist sprain by definition refers to damage to the ligaments when they are stretched beyond a normal range. In some instances, bone can be torn away; known as an avulsion fracture or sprain.

Grade I: ligaments in the wrist are stretched but not torn, and mild to moderate pain exists

Grade II: partial tears of the ligaments are present, and the range of motion is decreased; Wrist pain is moderate, and discoloration is visible.

Grade III: complete tears of the ligaments in the wrist are present; these require urgent medical attention; Wrist pain can be severe, and discoloration is visibility obvious.

Wrist sprains, pain or instability can be caused by many factors. Repetitive strain injuries such as typing, cutting hair, or racquet sports can cause inflammation of the carpal tunnel and the resultant pain. Blunt force trauma can tear, rupture and also cause fractures in the wrist. Contact sports, recreational downhill activities, and occupations at heights create situations common to wrist pain and sprains.
Symptoms of wrist pain

Wrist pain can range from mild to severe based on the grade of sprain and the damage done to the ligaments and bones. Swelling, discoloration, are also common symptoms. Often times the wrist will be warm to the touch as well.

Thanks for thinking of me blue, sounds good, i actually have a wrist brace that works pretty well, I've just forgotten to wear it recently , I get the pain when I have to do numerous clicks such as when applying sage , not so bad when it's groups, but on the hills the slope means you have to apply singles, thus many more clicks than normal to get the same effect.

Thanks for thinking of me blue, sounds good, i actually have a wrist brace that works pretty well, I've just forgotten to wear it recently , I get the pain when I have to do numerous clicks such as when applying sage , not so bad when it's groups, but on the hills the slope means you have to apply singles, thus many more clicks than normal to get the same effect.

Hear you loud clear Chief, darn inflammation and pain coming after us......!

Not sure if you know about this one, but it also might be of benefit.....

What can you use emu oil for?

You can use emu oil as a topical treatment or a carrier oil. Mixing it with lotions and creams may help your skin absorb the ingredients better. You can also take emu oil as an oral supplement in the form of capsules for inflammation and cholesterol. Emu oil, though, is not a cure-all, and it’s important to know the research on its benefits is ongoing.

One other thing I use, and it's natural, and really helps me, if I don't forget to take it on daily or every other day, is Liquid Turmeric too, Liquid is much better than Pill Form for the body, more friendly, I guess you would say.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=turmeric+benefits

where can i get this amazing route of the east broad top
You mean this one? The route was announced back in Dec 2021 in time for Christmas. See this post for the announcement. Be advised their site and the downloads are not presently available but the site is being re-built. The last couple of posts in the linked thread give an update on their progress.

It's not a model of the EBT or even part of it. If that's what you are looking for. It's a fictional route using 30in ng track and equipment. There's a fictional history set up for it and they had a tie into the EBT's own history described in it. Some of the EBT's shops from the complex at Rockhill Furnace/Orbisonia (available on the DLS) were used for Hatchet Creek's main yard. EBT fans won't miss seeing the connection. I really liked it but I also made a number of changes. The pic from my earlier post is from my version of their 30"ng route. Ben Neal has several 30"ng locos and some railcars. There's a number of other sources for 30"ng but I didn't find any 30"ng hoppers for rock and coal appropriate for the route so I re-bogeyed one of the EBT 3'ng hoppers I have and they really made it work for me. Of course I re-tracked a version of it for 3'ng and run the whole EBT roster on that one. I found some areas where I felt the grades needed some adjustments and I'm pretty happy with how that turned out. For both gauges I used Trainboi1's new procedural track. I like that track a lot and have retracked my own EBT route using it.

Patience is a virtue. Hatchet Creek should be reappearing soon and worth the wait.

Bob Pearson

Here's a pic of a 3' version of the route.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Some more of my modified version of the Hatchet Creek route after EBT converted it to 3'ng.

The 1st of 2 reconditioned 4-8-2 mountains runs past the HC shops.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Thats looking beautiful , which section of the c&s are you working on ?

Thank's!

The section I'm working on right now go's from Dickey to about a mile outside of Leadville. Plus the Keystone branch. Circa 1928-1935.
I want to one day have the route going from Como to Leadville but it's less overwhelming if I work on smaller parts first. And there's a few models I would need that just don't exist for Trainz.
I also want to make a DSP&P version as well which would include the D&RG's Blue River branch.
I plan on one day releasing the route publicly too.

Thank's!

The section I'm working on right now go's from Dickey to about a mile outside of Leadville. Plus the Keystone branch. Circa 1928-1935.
I want to one day have the route going from Como to Leadville but it's less overwhelming if I work on smaller parts first. And there's a few models I would need that just don't exist for Trainz.
I also want to make a DSP&P version as well which would include the D&RG's Blue River branch.
I plan on one day releasing the route publicly too.
Nice one , I'm doing the pitkin to mt Princeton section , which includes alpine tunnel, so hopefully I'll get a few more items that are dspp related made if I can persuade some kind folks to do the 3d work. I too will release this to the public. Good luck with your task !

Back