Narrow gauge screenshots

NG Packing House unloading produce

Reefer Cleanout Track unloading ice

NG Packing House loading boxed canned goods

NG WareHouse unloading canned goods

Makes a great change from General Goods, Cattle, Mining, and Logging. :wave:

BTW I intend to have several NG Warehouses located in several towns. The NG Packing House should be able to support that.

Last edited:
nice industry, makes me wish i had time to play with timber ridge again, its a great route. i love the DRGW consolidation, very handsome std gauge item, not enough std gauge drgw locos around for my liking :-( WE NEED MORE !

There's one spot on the Uintah where the URY intersects with DRGW mainline and thats at mack, there is about 50 meters of dual gauge track,
but you cant see it here ....

shybla0.jpg

MHdkFiv.jpg

ICy37Z4.jpg

the dual gauge track is up in the top left hand corner between the two gilsonite warehouses.
apologies, some of the track at mack still needs tweaking .... the DRGW line leaves Mack for Ruby Canyon and i'll be modelling this to the Utah /Colorado border , possibly further .

Last edited:
dangavel : Nice screen shots, Playing with Ashland V2, inported it to TS12, only one missing items in the end, love a little mix gauge action, 3 branches of NG, 3 Yards of mixed gauge, a section of mixed gauge mainline as well, worth a play with.

Tom

Getting back into Trainz! After finding jcbeytien did upload and update all of my old routes (for some reason some of them don't show up on the website DLS, but do on the Content Manager. Thanks, jcbeytien!!!) I decided to spend some time running on them.

Since I'm relearning everything, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn off the HUD. So apologies that it's still on in all these.

20171008164148_1_by_toavakama1-dbq22jp.jpg

20171008173851_1_by_toavakama1-dbq22h7.jpg

20171008171350_1_by_toavakama1-dbq22ig.jpg

20171008170234_1_by_toavakama1-dbq22j4.jpg

Thank nothing of it. Glad to be your service, anytime. Anything ya like me to do with your work ya lost or planning, call me.

well, work crews have finally reached the end of the line on the Uintah, with the extension to Bonanza, Cowboy and the eureka lode more or less winding up this week, here's a few shots of this mythical extension, which given it never existed, is a pretty accurate rendition of the actual area and the gilsonite mine veins that cross the plain there.
None of this is complete, but there is now a drivable 17 mile extension from Watson and 4 branches going to the various Gilsonite mines. There was also a wool industry and a nascent shale oil works in the area which could be added in . Nowadays, just to the west, there is an area with literally hundreds of shale oil wells......
it would be nice to do a 1943 version with appropriated US army locos form the DRGW running a both ends of the pass.

AuvYxbx.jpg

Bonanza, hot, barren and dusty , you'd have to pay me to live there, but its fun to model ....
qhNv62z.jpg

Pulling hard with a full load up the nearly 6 percent grade out of Bonanza.
Kww9jRa.jpg

Nearing the summit we have a nice view of the basin, with the gilsonite veins stretching 13000 plus feet across the plain .

everyone seems to have gone quiet here so i'll bung in a few new pix of the White River watering point on the Uintah just to keep things bubbling along.
water is pumped from the river up to the tank. This whole section is fictional so I can do what I want within reason...:)
fvYFWDs.jpg

n7biS4Y.jpg

after White River the Bonanza extension features some 6 percent grades and a series of looping curves that allow the route to gain height and minimize the grades like the Cumbres and Toltec does after Cumbres Pass
cA7th1C.jpg

virtually nothing was level on the Uintah !

Last edited:
very pretty route, not one I have come across.
very nice work .

The Bear Creek & Southern route and the Fross and Canyon Cut route are both by bigboy4010. These versions are the ones that jcbeytien updated and put on the DLS and that I have modified further with speed trees and some bridge work. They are still works in progress.

Bear Creek & Southern is a mix of 24" and 36" gauge lines with no duel gauge track. Fross and Canyon Cut is a mix of 30" and Standard gauge lines also without duel gauge tracks. Both routes have well thought out interactions between gauges.

Last edited:
Fascinating NG RR's,,,,,downloaded both, however, the Fross and Canyon Cut is missing it's rails, so I need to find suitable replacement,,,,,love those white lines. I know I have some NG in my inventory.

Once I get comfortable with Surveyor and Trainz overall again, I may have to revisit some of these routes to fix them up for everyone. You've been doing stunning work with you modifications, Normhart.

Just mustaches on Mona Lisas. :D

Because your routes use few flora splines replacing trees with speed trees is easy.

Osprey Lake, I've made no changes to this as yet.

Last edited:
always loved frost and canyon cut

yep use the bulk replacement tool, will solve your tree problem in no time.

Tom

I don't know why Osprey Lake has that massive cloud cover over the water now. It's really annoying.

Yeah, I avoided the flora splines because to me the repetition was too easy to see. I did use copy-paste on densely forested areas, but always made sure to move things around in each pasting.

Probably a change in particle physics in TANE. I thought you intended it to look that way. :D It is quite exciting driving into the thick clouds, no idea where I'm going. :eek: I've seen lakes produce such clouds in the early morning.

It might be interesting to move the clouds to the session level.

I have a couple of questions about the rolling stock you envisioned for your routes. What railroad did you plan on running on the standard gauge section of the Fross and Canyon Cut route?

The other question is about The Island route, is this what you had in mind?

Or did you have some other 18" rolling stock in mind? (BTW I like your non-standard use of slugsmasher's dry sort yard in this and other routes)

Last edited:
Back