N&W Locos and Routes

Duckslayer92

I have been looking on DLS and I just can't find any N&W locos for 2006 or any Routes. I want any loco in N&W paint and a route that has industrys and is in North America and N&W territory. If anyone can help me it would be great. Thanks

Hey Duckslayer92,

I would really enjoy building a prototypical N&W Division (particularly the Radford-to-Roanoke area) set in the 1950s if some willing and able content creators would join the effort to produce high quality N&W steam engines and N&W-specific buildings from the late steam period. And N&W freight, passenger, and MOW equipment accurate to the period. And N&W style signals. Perhaps some N&W-specific first gen. diesels, too, but mainly A, Y, J, and other N&W steam classes active at that time. I really think such a project would have the potential to be one of the best Trainz routes ever produced by combining the skills of the talented people here. If done right, it would - in my opinion - also fit the bill as a "Trainz Classic."

In the meantime, VMD has an N&W geep (a GP9, IIRC), and there are some few pieces of rolling stock out there (especially some fine hoppers). Also look for Mark Hoffman's (gumbytrain) RS-3 in N&W paint; it's on the DLS. That's all I can think of at the moment; if I remember anything else, I'll post.

Rob

i would be glad to help as i am excelent at finding stuff on the internet. this line seems interesting i will defenitly look in to the company.

i doubt this is what you are looking for but i have 2 NW SD40-2's on the DLS:)
Screen_423.jpg

Bob,

I am currently working on modeling the Norflok division of the N&W. Right now I have the Roaonoke Yard blueprints from 1930 along with track charts from 1977- base the alingment on Rails Remembered, Vol 4: TheTale of A Turbine by Louis M. Newton. The Tracks Shownca 1940.

E-mail me if you are interested in modeling a portion of this Divisison. I can give you more details .

John

if i remeber correctly someones was going to do a masive project on N&W but i cant remember who. i lost track on the post.

nw1xr6.jpg

Don't know when I'll get to finish it. I would have done N&W 2578 but I cannot get hold of the mesh creator, I tried on a couple of other C420s, so any of his stuuf I can't work with (C420, GP30, one of the GP7/9 models).

I'm looking in to converting a modern coal drag into a 50's style N&W coal drag. I was wondering what kind of power is floating around. Also, is there and industry interactive N&W hoppers, coaches, and is there any cabeese?

I have been looking on DLS and I just can't find any N&W locos for 2006 or any Routes. I want any loco in N&W paint and a route that has industrys and is in North America and N&W territory. If anyone can help me it would be great. Thanks

If you haven't already, Duck.......do yourself a favour and pop on over to the US Trainz site

http://www.ustrainz.com/products/locomotives.php

and grab their GP35, GP40 and SD35 in NW. These are superb. Their stuff is some of the best diesel locomotives available for Trainz IMHO. (and I'm an Aussie!!).

Cheers,
Simon

Back