my surveyor is covered in thick foggy air

hello to all:

hope someone has an answer for this:

in my surveyor all my buildings and track and rolling stock and scenery is covered in thick foggy air. close up its not too bad but still foggy but further out I go more foggy it gets. how can I clear this up?

switchmen37

This is fixable...

In your route that you are editing in Surveyor, you need to do this:

Click on Main menu.
Click on Edit Environment...

A screen will open up with buttons down the side. You will see a dial and a bunch of sliders.

Click on one of the green-colored beads on the dial.

Click on the fog density slider at the bottom.

This will thin out the fog on your route.

Hope this helps.

This is fixable...

In your route that you are editing in Surveyor, you need to do this:

Click on Main menu.
Click on Edit Environment...

A screen will open up with buttons down the side. You will see a dial and a bunch of sliders.

Click on one of the green-colored beads on the dial.

Click on the fog density slider at the bottom.

This will thin out the fog on your route.

Hope this helps.
... Also, you should edit each green bead as the effect is custom to each one. (I usually delete down to 2 and set the fog on them accordingly)

jcitron and maruffijd:

have another question when I run my route I have noticed some fog also is there a setting for this also? I checked around did not see any setting for control fog in a route from clear with no fog to foggy.

switchmen37

If you set the fog in surveyer, these settings are supposed to carry over to driver mode. As I know it, there is no fog control in driver mode. Gotta remember that each of the green dots need to be set individually, or you could get a slow fog increase/decrease as the time passes.

And if you'd like to have clear air and sharp viewing right out to the horizon with a distance setting set to 15000m, then I'd suggest turning 'Post Processing' to OFF!

If you set the fog in surveyer, these settings are supposed to carry over to driver mode. As I know it, there is no fog control in driver mode. Gotta remember that each of the green dots need to be set individually, or you could get a slow fog increase/decrease as the time passes.

Which is alright actually and how it is for real. We have fog in the mornings followed by clearing throughout the day, then fog comes in towards evenings.

But when I work in Surveyor, I turn off fog and set my lighting to about the 11:00 mark on the clock. It's enough light to see what assets will look like, and no fog allows me to see distances.

jcitron and pc_ace:

thanks I got fixed. all of you know a lot of information and tricks for the game.
and I know nothing about any tricks or info to give out. that's why a ask soo many questions.

switchmen37

jcitron I think u been around during trs06 I recognize your name while downloading in trs06 back in the day.
pc_ace you seem new to me but I will see you again asking questions and seeing your answers in the future.

what up with image verification why? I do not know

jcitron and pc_ace:

thanks I got fixed. all of you know a lot of information and tricks for the game.
and I know nothing about any tricks or info to give out. that's why a ask soo many questions.

switchmen37

jcitron I think u been around during trs06 I recognize your name while downloading in trs06 back in the day.
pc_ace you seem new to me but I will see you again asking questions and seeing your answers in the future.

what up with image verification why? I do not know

You're welcome switchmen. I was there actually since TRS2004 days. Wow it's been that long!

Back