Muti Player Server Performance

colourlight

Some of you will know I play Mmonti's UMR Summer session quite a lot. I have to say it is one of the best routes and sessions I have ever played, going all the way back to 2004. Well done Neilsmith (route) and Mmonti (session). The one thing it needs to improve it is a server that works more efficiently. Most of the time the server does it,s job but every so often it goes into "short circuit" mode and weird and crazy things happen. One of the most common for me occurs when I am driving down one track, usually in a yard, but the server thinks I am driving down the next one. This causes me to drive through anything in my siding and collide with whatever is in the next one. Another, more worrying one is when I lose control of my locomotive and have to log out quickly in the hope of preventing a crash. Once I left a caboose in a loop, only for it to disappear shortly afterwards and reappear in a different location. Then later it reappeared where I left it. I could go on but I,m not writing a book! I know other players have server issues as well so I am not alone. I do not know if the problems are limited to this session or other sessions. Or whether it has anything to do with the very large size of the route or the number of locomotives and rolling stock. At best these bugs are annoying and at worst, cause derailments and spoil the session. I have not read anything in the forums about these issues so I felt I should start a thread in the hope N3V can resolve these issues. For Multiplayer to succeed it needs a reliable server which it does not have at the moment. if going by the other weekends events (or non-events) are anything tro go by. Which is a pity as multi player is an excellent concept.

Last edited:
Are you hosting the session or is this when you join a session?
Do you use that Teamspeak thingy majibby? I'd love a session without having to use that, I don't have a mike and no intention of buying one either. :wave:

The UMR session is up 24/7 pervided the sever is up.
The montanna Rail Link has it's sessions on friday evenening around 6pm est usa.

It is usually when I join Mmonti,s session. Doesn,t seem to happen when I host. Some people think lag plays a part in it. I partly agree with them but lag does not explain everything. For example what makes the point switches refuse to unlock? I do use Teamspeak but I am ok with in game typing but then again that can be laggy causing communication problems. Chat buddy does not have lag issues so that is a workaround.

Back