multiplayer woes

Just noticed, this is an old thread that got moved and bumped, somehow a topic from a different thread got moved in here or something. Already agreed to disagree on that one, it is what it is, buy an FCT and move on.

As for the original gripe that started this thread, confirmed checked off - all the TS2010 assets uploaded for TS12 in the spring of 2011 have been fixed now, anyone finds something else that downloads into CM as "locally modified" feel free to report it here.

Trying to prevent human error with programming has historically created more problems than it could ever prevent, Trainz multiplayer is not an exception to that.

this is simply not true in the sense that it has nothing to do with what you are experiencing here. this is to preserve the functionality of the program by not allowing you to screw it up. if this is allowed, then you simply get people making complaints that things do not work.

Heya Justin! Well, one more thing we'll just have to agree to disagree on, in my opinion stuff like this, or Windows 7 UAC, which is designed to stop the user from screwing something up, only makes it harder to fix when something goes wrong.

561044_416348608413821_1405938453_n.jpg

Double edged sword. Back in the days of DOS and dinosaurs the average computer user had to understand the basics since he had to install and configure the OS himself, the ready to run and GUI interface dumbed down the field, but at the same time expanded the user base so that it no longer costs $500 bucks for a 20 megabyte hard drive or $100 dollars per megabyte of RAM.

First computer I bought with a pre-installed operating system was a 486, also came with Windows 3.1 pre-installed, and was set up to automatically boot into Windows - and was my first exposure to idiot proofing. The option to exit to DOS was grayed out, the config.sys and autoexec.bat files had the read-only, hidden, and system attributes set. No way to play flightsim games on that because of the 640k lower RAM barrier, so I had to go through all kinds of weird gyrations to reconfigure it involving a boot floppy, reconfiguring the ROM BIOS to boot from the floppy instead of the hard drive, and attrib -rhs autoexec.bat so I could edit the blasted thing to remove the win.com command then back into the ROM BIOS to reset the boot sequence. Wonderful idea to stop idiots from screwing it up, horrible idea for anyone who wants to do more than play Windows solitaire.

Back