Multiplayer not working (Unable to connect to server)

Trainwin42

Why, hello there Trainz community! I am working on getting Trainz to work right now with Multiplayer and every time I login, it says the following:

Unable to contact the Planet Auran sever.
Please check your internet connection is active and working.

and I checked...and I checked...and again, I checked...and on my laptop I am connected to the internet, as I am using it to type on it right now. It is the only thing I can use to run Trainz 12, as it is a windows computer with internet access:p. Before, I could not connect, I forgot my username and password (fail, I know) and I was able to get it to work, as I forgot it was Trainwin42 instead of Trainman42. :p well, if you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate it. (please, don't hesitate to change the forum this should be in as I don't know which one it should be in...this is the MP forum, and I want to try and get MP to work...:p)

There doesn't appear to be any problem with the iTrainz network currently, so this looks like something on your end. You might want to start by registering your CD KEY with your Planet Auran profile- at the moment, you only have Trainz Driver registered, and that doesn't support Multiplayer. That may or may not be your immediate problem, but you'll need to get that fixed anyway.

chris

The list oknotsen has linked to only mentions which versions are compatible with each other. If multiplayer is supported by the Steam version, then it's likely to be limited to doing multiplayer with users of that same version.

Shane

Yes it is the steam build, and it's just not working!! I tried checking with my friend on steam who has it and we can't get MP to work. it still says the same thing even after registering 12 on here...

Well, some information on what you had to do to get it to work would be helpful to other users of the Steam build. Just sayin'...

Multi Player.

Hi Guys!

I hope I'm not missing anything here but I have been online with Multi player server a few times now both the default game and trying the Madmikeradio one too..
Although the default server works ok but no other users at any time I have try'ed it. The second just keeps updating absent files and then crash's??
I am updated to patch 58414. So is there any other multi player servers online some_where else or is the two i mention'd the only ones?

Also when i create a multi player session and new map i get an error saying wrong state not playable?
Could someone please explain this thank's.

Last edited:
loco20,

Regarding the 'wrong state' error, did you remember to upload the multiplayer session (and the route, if it's one you've created) to the Download Station? If you have, you will need to re-download it from the Download Station in order to use it in Multiplayer.

Shane

Well, some information on what you had to do to get it to work would be helpful to other users of the Steam build. Just sayin'...

Alright, some info:
I waited, after restarting my computer and an update, and played. It had chat and started working. I don't know, maybe it was some miracle from waiting for it to start. :p

Back