MSTS 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renders don't count, try watching the video, they will be using a high end computer and I would judge the fps to be around 15, also it could be a trainz video, you would think MS would be able to at least equal an old engine like TRS.
Besides the release date is "sometime" in 2009, plenty of time for it to become vapor ware yet again.

Cheers David

I'd like to see MSTS compete with Trainz. Or, in General, Microsoft with Auran. That'll be the battle of the century!!!

Yeah, it's so exciting! Only 18 months to wait!

Sorry but it's theoretical BS from where I'm sitting.

Now on with Trainz

Their website states that the renders show the assets "as they will appear in-game."

Comparing them to the actual in-game screenshots they've shown so far, I'd say that's still a valid statement; thus, the renders do count.

And they do look nice, imho.

Were All Friends...

Another Great Simulator...:D

(And no I won't be leaving trainz because of it...:cool: )

Just One thing though I Think people are afraid that, people will leave trainz for other simulator which causes alot of controversy.
RS came people left but where all still here aren't, we so I think you should all enjoy the renders enjoy trainz enjoy what ever you want were not all going to die because of a cople of, renders when RS came I thought Looks like crap because I didnt want,anyone to leave but were still Here so everone dont worry dont bag it enjoy it...
Oh yea no hard feelings anyone were all friends!:p

Maglevsx... Be happy...;)

Their website states that the renders show the assets "as they will appear in-game."

Comparing them to the actual in-game screenshots they've shown so far, I'd say that's still a valid statement; thus, the renders do count.

And they do look nice, imho.

yeah but an in game render doesn't mean thats what you get while playing the game, that one scene could of taken a full sec to render, one fps no ta.

The video shows its no better than trainz, and I am afraid I want at least 15fps on my midrange machine which gives me a lot more with trainz.

And besides the MS website wouldn't be biased would they ?

Still its a wait of 12~18 months to find out, I will not be pre-ordering it or getting exited until it hits the shelves, remember MS has cancelled it once whats stopping them from doing it again.

cheers David (who has seen a lot of programs raved on about then turn to vapor or not live up to the hype, Fury anyone)

Let's please don't go into yet another of these somebody else's sim is so great that it's great things in the trainz forum.

Cheers

AJ

yeah but an in game render doesn't mean thats what you get while playing the game, that one scene could of taken a full sec to render, one fps no ta.
I guess some people still haven't heard of texture baking if they make statements like this. Something you can also do for TRS models incidentally.

Paul

I'll probably get lynched for saying this, but it does look better than KRS. Still, isn't this a Trainz forum?

WileeCoyote:D

I guess some people still haven't heard of texture baking if they make statements like this. Something you can also do for TRS models incidentally.

Paul

Hmmmm that just proves my statement about it being no better than trainz ????????

Cheers David

I Agree...
(Dont think anyone read my post...)
Maglevsx...

Nope, tl;dr. :p

In all seriousness, though, the more sims the merrier. Each will have its own strength(s) and weakness(es), but where one sim may lack there is another sim to make up for it.

My US$0.02, still weaker than anything else out there! ;)

"Yeah, it's so exciting! Only 18 months to wait!

Sorry but it's theoretical BS from where I'm sitting.

Now on with Trainz"....................ROFLMAO:D

Not judging by the last half dozen threads I've just read. I think someone left the asylum gates unlocked this morning.

Mike.

I love how everybody always seems to miss this particular part of the "What to post" thread for Prototype:

Whether it be news of a new locomotive in the making, a fallen flag revival, railfan outings or new train related software, post it here to share with the community.
Funny, the very same people that bash on Kuju for not allowing other sims to be discussed on their forums are now trying to shout down anybody who so much as thinks about posting of another sim here :eek:

"Prototype Talk is for discussion and information relating to model and full size railroading.

Whether it be news of a new locomotive in the making, a fallen flag revival, railfan outings or new train related software, post it here to share with the community."

Well I will consider buying it when it eventually becomes available the same as I bought MSTS1 before Trainz came out. I will buy it to see how the various functions work and whether it will have an interest for me for the pre car and pre train age. Plus of course to see what others might create for early steam, trams, mining, etc.

I assume mstsII or whatever it is to be called is "new train related software" so fits the criteria in the forum opening details.

If these posts are not required I would suggest that the forum "what to post details" are altered accordingly.:)

B

Last edited:
MSTS is a whole lot better than Trainz!!!!

Tyler

Which one?

If you're referring to MSTS1 being better than Trainz, that's your opinion which you're entitled to, and in some areas I agree with you.

If you're referring to MSTS2, you really shouldn't be saying that just yet, as nobody is yet qualified to say which one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back