MP Issues, trying to download a MP route

Mikejn1190

Hi,

I am going to try to explain what's going on. to the best of my ability. I am thinking it is something I am doing. I upgraded to 49922 and I have heard a lot about multiplayer and wanted to see if I could download a route and check it out. I went to the content manager and found a compatible route. Montana Rail Link is the one I am working with at the moment. I downloaded the appropriate version (3.6). When I try to run it I get the following error message "The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer. The session, the routes or some dependencies are not built in and are not available in the Download Station." I also tried a different rout before the current one and it partially worked. It came up and everything, but there was no track for the train to run on and there was a lot of missing items. So I deleted the route in the routes area. I think in the process, I messed up something in the Content Updates section. There is a bunch of updates and when I tell it to download them all. they just turn red.. Is there a way to get rid of those?

I hope someone can explain what I am doing wrong so I can get the multiplayer to work. One of the reasons I got this sim is for the multiplayer aspect.

Thanks

Mike

There's a problem involving the DLS today anyway according to other users, which means that any updates released today are affected.

Shane

In regards to the content updates, this has been this way for a week or so. Is there a way to clear them out or will they fix themselves? As i said, when I got to download them, they all just turn red..

It depends on several things. Some updates require TS12 SP1 (build 57720 or higher) to be installed. At the moment though, there seems to be a problem with the ITrainz server which deals with multiplayer.

Shane

That's a grey area. The MP servers relay on Planet Auran. The Server as in routes/session are dependent on a player. If no ones hosting, then there are no sessions and its up to you to host.

With SP1 and HF3 you get a new window that shows any and all MP sessions that are up and running.

Mike To get the MP routes that are being playing now you need to up date your version of trainz to 58414. (that sp1 and 3 hot fixes)

Back