Moving content from T:ANE to TRS2022

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
Hello everybody, I think in the coming days I will finally be upgrading from T:ANE up to TRS2022. I was wondering how/what the best way is to transfer all my content that's in T:ANE over to TRS2022? I'm not going from PC to PC, and TRS2022 will be installed on the same drive my copy of T:ANE is installed on currently. I also plan on using Steam to buy TRS2022.

You're actually better off purchasing directly from N3V unless you already purchased from Steam because it's easier to manipulate your data. Anyway, this is how I'd do it.

To transfer content, you can do this a couple of ways.

1) Export your own personal routes, custom edited content, and sessions to CDPs. Then import those into TRS22 and download any dependencies. If you purchased any DLC, download it again and reinstall any third-party content such as that from Jointed Rail and Railroad Mods, or any other place you got it from.

2) Copy your TANE content-folder and create a new copy.

Copy the folder and rename the copy to something else such as TRS22-DATA.

Install TRS22.
Let it do its thing.
On the Launcher, you will need to click on Trainz Settings.
Click on the Install tab.
Click on the ...

In Explorer that opens up, browse for your "TRS22-DATA" folder you now have.

After the restart, TRS22 will run a DBR.

You'll have to update content, especially DLC packages, and may have some errors and warnings.

The advantage is everything will be there. The disadvantage is the extra work.

Ok, so first, can I just set my directory in TRS2022 to the same one T:ANE is working off of? Second, when you say already purchased from Steam, do you mean T:ANE or TRS2022? Because I did buy T:ANE off Steam, but I have not bought TRS2022 yet.

Ok, so first, can I just set my directory in TRS2022 to the same one T:ANE is working off of? Second, when you say already purchased from Steam, do you mean T:ANE or TRS2022? Because I did buy T:ANE off Steam, but I have not bought TRS2022 yet.

You could do it that way, but I recommend copying the folder to another one and keep your TANE intact in case you need to go back there and get things later that you might find missing.

Since you purchased TANE from Steam, you should purchase TRS22 from Steam, otherwise, your DLC will be messed up if you have any. I think everything else should work the same.

One last question, I have Coal Country and LoTBN installed as DLC I bought from the steam page. I see there's TRS2022 versions, will I have to buy those two again for TRS2022?

Any DLC bought from Steam will not be credited to your account until you contact the helpdesk to have them register it to your username. Then it will show as purchased in the in game store and you can download it and install it in TRS22. But not all TANE DLC is compatible to TRS22 so it won't be available for download regardless of where you bought it. If it is listed as DLC under TRS19 in Steam then it should be fine in TRS22. Also not all DLC offer free updates to the TRS19/22 versions. Some DLC creators require you to purchase the TRS19/22 updated version.

Back