Montreal Central Station

a few more...

trainz2010-01-2912-05-11-84.jpg

trainz2010-01-2912-05-22-01.jpg

WOW! Coming along fast! It's starting to come to life. :)

Nice shots, keep 'em coming!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Bump! :D

It's been a while so I wanted to ask how your route was coming along?

Gisa ^^

Hi,

Well I must admit that I hadn't worked on this too much since then. Another one of those back burner projects. I am starting to want to do some more, so I will be starting again soon I think. Not sure if you're a fan but my wife and I got into watching the full 15 seasons of ER in like February and we just watched the series finale this weekend!! That took most of our evenings but now we got some spare time again : )

I have been reading this thread and that looks like a nice station. It is very beautiful to look at. If it gets finished, I'll download it and I'll use it on my Manchester Northern Railway as the large terminal for passenger operations.

I have been reading this thread and that looks like a nice station. It is very beautiful to look at. If it gets finished, I'll download it and I'll use it on my Manchester Northern Railway as the large terminal for passenger operations.

I had actually thought about that at the very start of the project when I was trying to model the whole station in GMax. Unfortunately I only modeled the entrance so it may not be so easy to use it on another route. I chose to build the remainder of the station from spline assets within tainz after consulting with other trainzers...

Maybe I could somehow copy the whole thing to a blank route and it could be merged onto yours then copy and pasted to the location you need it... not sure if that would work but something worth looking at. : )

No worries Robby. I was just curious about what was going on. I know exactly how you feel (and have gone through that myself). By all means take a break or put it on the back-burner. This is supposed to be a hobby and if it is not enjoyable, well...

Gisa ^^

... Unfortunately I only modeled the entrance so it may not be so easy to use it on another route. I chose to build the remainder of the station from spline assets within Trainz after consulting with other trainzers...

After 1962 when Place Ville Marie was built and even more so after 1967 when Place Bonaventure was built, there wasn't much to see of Central Station since these two cover much of the tracks and platforms. The main building is tucked in behind the Queen E Hotel and from the outside is not much to look at anyway. It is the interior that is worth a view. All this makes a Trainz model difficult to see. Now if you were to model it before 1962 you would at least see more of the tracks. :)

Those are 2 different trains

"Adirondack" Trains 68 and 69 (70 and 71 on weekends) runs between New York, Albany and then north to Montreal.
"Maple Leaf" Trains 63 and 64, runs between New York, Albany, Buffalo, Niagara Falls NY, Niagara Falls Ontario and along Lake Ontario using CN's Grimsby and Oakville Subdivisions, into Toronto Union.

VIA Rail is currently the only passenger train operator between Montreal and Toronto with VIA trains 71, 53, 43, 57, 61, 45, 65, 47, 67, 69 and 51.

71 runs between Toronto and Windsor and 51 got cancelled in September 2005

Hey!:wave: I live in that area if I could help for some textures. For the modelling part your are doing very good! I suppose that you're going to make the Two-Mountains commuter route too? I'll notice you if i find some photos of the tunnel part and other things like that. maybe street view will help a bit... I also found some plans of the inside station underneath Place Bonaventure. Not sure if it was posted before but here it is (notice that it has the real proportions because it's an emergency evacuation plan :hehe:.):
QC-CN_20040306-144535_GareCentrale.gif

Thanks for that... I had some version of this track plan which worked well. I will surely get back into this route someday I guess... if ever you feel like adding on to what I have though maybe I could send you the .cdp of the route. I am confident that most of the assests used are built in except for a few like the retaining walls and certain things like that....

Let me know : )

Yeah, you had the track plan from Marc Dufour's page but this isn't the real scale. The emergency evacuation plan is scaled because it needs to. I don't know if you know that but there's a section of the covered tracks that is also a bridge over St-Antoine St. I'll try to convince my buddy to get some pictures of the overpass. He's an avid fan of trains and is often hanging out there. He made a Montreal route for MSTS and the Montreal subway too. There is also the CCUM building right before the turn that has a door for trains. If it's possible, I would like to know what are your plans for modelling ( I mean where are the limit the route going to be ?).

Good Luck! ;)

So long, I guess!

Hi everyone,

Well I've just learned really disapointing news about the DLS...

see my thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=713277&posted=1#post713277

So now that newer versions of trainz are out us older version holders can no longer access the DLS that WE worked so hard to fill with great content, UNLESS we buy a FCT!
What the heck are these guys thinking!

Well I just reloaded my OS and didn't save all the CDP's downloaded for my routes so now the routes I've been working 2 - 3 yrs or more on are ruined...

Anyway I give up because im not taking the time to try and replace these missing assets with built in assets. How disapointing eh!

One thing I did do was save all the content in the dls to an archive but i'll be darned if I can figure out how to import from that!

saaaaaad :'(

update

Well I've got the archive re-imported and my routes are working great again, won't be able to download any new content but at least my existing stuff is back!!

robby

Robby,

Been' a silent but very interested reader of your Montreal post; just to let you know I've spent quite some time building the "rive sud" (south shore) part; specifically the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu part. It starts off near the Southwark yard @ St-Hubert and dies near Farnham on oone side and St-Valentin towards Rouses Point.

Dems are done thanks in part to GISA's videos on transdem's site, all tracks are installed. Era covered: 1930-2010, so lots of tracks have been revived LOL! I'm in the process of installing water courses and roads right now. I'm using Ts2010 because the layers make it so much easier to separate rails/objets/etc from interfeering and messing because you can lock the layer once finished.

So if you ever finish up your part, I"ll arange to connect to you @ Victoria bridge if needed. Good luck

For those who known the Singer Sewing Machine Plant torn down this winter in St-Jean, here are the revived rails using a 1950 plan:

main.php

Last edited:
Back