Modifying a saved route

stras

Is there a way to modify a saved session? Example: I have trains running their routes, But I want to add some extra cars
by indusrties. Thank you

Trainz 12
Build 61388

No, not passible. Effectively that would be editing a saved game.

You can edit the initial session though.

What you need to do is to add I-Portals to your routes. That way you can add or remove trains or cars from saved sessions via the I-Portal. I have added them to all my routes whether they are routes I created or that someone else created, payware or freeware. I have airports on a couple of routes with I-portals connected to the invisible track. You can change out your aircraft the same way. That will not help you with sessions you have already saved, but it will help with future saved sessions.

Last edited:
Is there a way to modify a saved session? Example: I have trains running their routes, But I want to add some extra cars
by indusrties. Thank you

Trainz 12
Build 61388

No, not possible. Effectively that would be editing a saved game.

You can edit the initial session though.

I disagree. I add trains and rolling stock to a saved session all the time.

1. While in your saved Session, Open "Quick Drive"

2. Select Train (You have to have locos or rolling stock in your Consist "library" or you can use one of the default consists. You can also CREATE a new consist by clicking on "Options" -- "Global Consist Library" and select railcars and/or locos from your inventory.)

3. Click on the track where you want the train to go. Presto! A new car or loco or whole consist in your session. You have the option to reverse the consist, delete it, or add it again.

You can add a whole loco with consist, and even program its route.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Last edited:
I disagree. I add trains and rolling stock to a saved session all the time.

... "Quick Drive"
Interesting; Did not think of that. Most probably because in most of the sessions I made it is the first rule that I remove.
Or is there a way to invoke that rule even if it is not part of the (saved) session?

I don't think you could invoke it as it needs to be added in Surveyor.
I use this way to add trains all the time. Is handy to replace a derailed train.
I found the Rerail Portal to be unreliable, so gave up using it years ago.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
I use it all the time too. It's great for just adding in a bunch-o-freight cars as needed when filling a yard. I have a bunch of short and very long freight car consists that I saved for building up traffic. There are some with engines, but most without, and I have a bunch of engines setup the same too like 2x CSX ES44, for example, which tells me there are 2 CSX ES44s ready to go. I then add in any extra drivers if needed, assign a schedule to them from the schedule library I setup, and the train is ready to go.

It's also a great for fiddling with the time of day so we can always play during the daylight or night time.

This is a great idea, Dave. I'm glad you thought of bringing it up.

John

Last edited:
I'm glad that worked for you, Eddie. :)

I'd like to add a bit more.

Create single-car and 2 or 3-car consists, etc. These are great for spotting along sidings for pick-up without having to go through a complete driving session to get there. As I said I have various sizes and consists of various types, like 16x 100 ton coal cars, 3-box cars, 10 ADM tanks, etc. All of these are great for industries.

John

The other thing I do is assemble assets that have multiple parts and save them as a consist, so you don't have to set them up each time yo need them these can then be added by quickdrive as a unit to your route in driver.
For example well car sets, spine car sets & heavy hauling wagons.
Cheers,
Mike

So, how can I add a track-mark? or is there a decent drive-to-junction/signal command? (and by decent I mean requiring less than a week studying/fooling with) ?? The main reason my sessions end is that I try to get my drivers to do a task I hadn't fully worked out when I set the session up.

Back