Missing bogies among other problems

dash56

First of all, if I didn't know that for playing Trainz 2009 I would have to be an expert programmer with script language proficiency, I would probably bought another program. I assumed that this game was something like "unpack and play". But no. I have spent more time trying to fix errors and strange behavoiurs than really playing. I would like to pinpoint that I have read maybe all the posts related to my problems and applied the proposed solutions, but my lack of knowledge of the programming issues has been a disadvantage and I am getting bored of the game.

Here are some of the problems I have had:

In rolling stocks (the main issue) I have several with the following messages just as an example:

1) In kuid2:56063:180725:3, Missing depedencies: the infamous Realsquash 33x68 inch bogies, black reskin, kuid 62941:50302
I have checked the settings file and applied all suggestions by Ianwoodmore in a previous post regarding the bogies problem. The corresponding kuid with its alias were there, etc. But I have a train car with no bogies!!!

2) In kuid:56063:150353. Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to LOD mesh (this message appears 2 times).

3) Same kuid as 2 above. Unable to load mesh file: 'content tpf3pmfu2690\Flatcar6ftPipeB&O159605_shadow\Flatcar6ftPipeB&O159605_shadow.pm

4) in kuid2:56063:15046:1.
- Tag 'icon0' in the container 'train car' is obsolete.
- Tag 'particle' in the container 'smoke0' is obsolete.
- Tag 'particle' in the container 'smoke1' is obsolete.
- Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'G:\Trainz Simulator 2009/local/hash-D9\content 2rxyb09p2864\gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_art_512.texture.txt'
- Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_512.tga' for texture file 'gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_art_512.texture.txt'.

And so on with several assets.

Regarding the 'icon x' issue, I just plainly deleted the conflicting tag. Bat later I was asking myself that maybe this is not the correct procedure.

For the pm thing, I downloaded the pm2im program. But the only .bat file created as an option was one named "open with meshtomax.bat". I run this program and sometimes it is read tha an "im" file is created. I commit, but the message is still there!!!!

Please if someone can help me. I am really desperate dealing with these errors and again, I think that a game is for hassle free playing, not for spend hours fixing it.

Finally, please apologize if I made mistakes explaining my problems, but English is not my native language :)

First of all, if I didn't know that for playing Trainz 2009 I would have to be an expert programmer with script language proficiency, I would probably bought another program. I assumed that this game was something like "unpack and play". But no. I have spent more time trying to fix errors and strange behavoiurs than really playing. I would like to pinpoint that I have read maybe all the posts related to my problems and applied the proposed solutions, but my lack of knowledge of the programming issues has been a disadvantage and I am getting bored of the game.

Here are some of the problems I have had:

In rolling stocks (the main issue) I have several with the following messages just as an example:

1) In kuid2:56063:180725:3, Missing depedencies: the infamous Realsquash 33x68 inch bogies, black reskin, kuid 62941:50302
I have checked the settings file and applied all suggestions by Ianwoodmore in a previous post regarding the bogies problem. The corresponding kuid with its alias were there, etc. But I have a train car with no bogies!!!

2) In kuid:56063:150353. Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to LOD mesh (this message appears 2 times).

3) Same kuid as 2 above. Unable to load mesh file: 'content tpf3pmfu2690\Flatcar6ftPipeB&O159605_shadow\Flatcar6ftPipeB&O159605_shadow.pm

4) in kuid2:56063:15046:1.
- Tag 'icon0' in the container 'train car' is obsolete.
- Tag 'particle' in the container 'smoke0' is obsolete.
- Tag 'particle' in the container 'smoke1' is obsolete.
- Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'G:\Trainz Simulator 2009/local/hash-D9\content 2rxyb09p2864\gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_art_512.texture.txt'
- Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_512.tga' for texture file 'gondola4axlecn121121ant_art/gondola4axlecn121121ant_art_512.texture.txt'.

And so on with several assets.

Regarding the 'icon x' issue, I just plainly deleted the conflicting tag. Bat later I was asking myself that maybe this is not the correct procedure.

For the pm thing, I downloaded the pm2im program. But the only .bat file created as an option was one named "open with meshtomax.bat". I run this program and sometimes it is read tha an "im" file is created. I commit, but the message is still there!!!!

Please if someone can help me. I am really desperate dealing with these errors and again, I think that a game is for hassle free playing, not for spend hours fixing it.

Finally, please apologize if I made mistakes explaining my problems, but English is not my native language :)

These missing bogies are on the DownLoadStation (DLS). Just place this:

kuid 62941:50302

into the search slot of the DLS, click on "kuid" to search for , well, this kuid. But also click on the last 3 bottom items UTC, Trainz. PreSP3 Trainz there as well as the bogey is an SP3 item before going further:

===============
Realsquash 33x68 inch bogies, black resk... [Detailed]
Trainz Service Pack 3
Created by: cjlear
File Size: 41.12 kb
KUID: 62941:50302
Date: 29th Mar 2005
Downloaded: 133769

=====================

Download this item and install it by "commiting" it with CMP into TS09.

The other error messages you get, like PM mesh is not supported, Icon0 is not a supported tag etc. is, because these objects throwing up these errors are OLD objects and TS09 is a much improved and almost different program where these error showing objects might still be showing albeit with these errors. Hence......

Re converting a .pm mesh to an .im mesh with the pm2im program, after conversion of this to an .im mesh (making sure it is in the same folder where the .pm mesh is/was), my understanding is to also change the name of the mesh in the config.txt file of said object to the same name BUT with an .im ending instead of the .pm ending there or the configuration of that object is STILL looking for the .pm mesh to load this but since this was changed to an .im mesh, the TS09 program spits a dummy.

Re the other objects showing errors, well, as said, these are OLD objects, created for earlier editions of Trainz/TRS which were operating somewhat different than the newer programs like TS09 and TS10 are. You can still use many of the older objects/items in your TS09 BUT you have to run in "compatibility mode" (changeable in your program's settings) for most of these still to run despite the errors.

Missing dependencies are different, if these are REALLY missing, sometimes one can replace these with others available. To do this, one needs to replace the relevant kuid number in the config.txt of the item with missing dependencies with one kuid number that is available. Like swapping one bogey for another. But beware, depending of the creator of such items, the bogey (for example) might be higher or lower where it should be or further forward/backward. One can change the attachment point for such item, again with one of PEV's excellent programs Attachment maker/changer or something or other like this as the exact name escapes me atm.

Your english IS excellent, you should see some of the "native" english speaking posters here and how they "mangle up" the english language sometimes :hehe:

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back