MIRC Issue

sfrr

Bankruptcy Blue
What do you guys use? I downloaded the MIRC, but I can't connect, filled in everything so it needs to be, but still can't connect. Could someone spread some light on this issue?

~Mike~

What do you guys use? I downloaded the MIRC, but I can't connect, filled in everything so it needs to be, but still can't connect. Could someone spread some light on this issue?

~Mike~

Open mIRC, and click the icon with the Folder and Hammer on the top toolbar.
Click Servers, then Add. Enter this information in the edit boxes:

Description: Auran Game Network
IRC Server : irc.auran.com
Ports: 6667
Group: Leave blank.
Password: Leave blank
Click Okay, then Okay to close the two boxes.
Double-click on the Auran Game Network and click Connect.

Open mIRC, and click the icon with the Folder and Hammer on the top toolbar.
Click Servers, then Add. Enter this information in the edit boxes:

Description: Auran Game Network
IRC Server : irc.auran.com
Ports: 6667
Group: Leave blank.
Password: Leave blank
Click Okay, then Okay to close the two boxes.
Double-click on the Auran Game Network and click Connect.

Just to expand on that the TRS2006 website has a tutorial: http://www.auran.com/TRS2006/public.page.php?location=forum_irc#up

That should help, if you have used that to help you enter the settings then read and read again sometimes you miss little things.

nope, that doesn't work, it says "software caused connection abort"

I've used it before, but now I can't get it to work on any of my 3 PC's :eek:

~Mike~

nope, that doesn't work, it says "software caused connection abort"

I've used it before, but now I can't get it to work on any of my 3 PC's :eek:

~Mike~

Couple of things you could try. That error (#10053) means that your IRC communications is being blocked from outside contact. Try changing the port to anything from 6668-7000. Port 6667 may be blocked for some reason. Also, check all of your Antivirus scanners and firewalls to make certain they are not blocking IRC comminucations. Let us know if it helps,

Last edited:
nope, doesn't work, heres what I get...

untitled-57.jpg

~ M

Are you on a shared network? If so your server may be blocking communications to IRC. If not, then it may a problem with your ISP blocking Internet access. It's not a problem with mIRC but a Windows Socket error where data packets are not allowed to pass though TCP/UDP. Are you running Vista by any chance?

nah, vista isn't for me ;P I have XP running, does it make a difference that I;m running on a wireless connection?

~ M

nah, vista isn't for me ;P I have XP running, does it make a difference that I;m running on a wireless connection?

~ M

Sort of. You may to configure your router to pass the ports used by mIRC. Are you familiar with port forwarding?

Back