Milw 156 (bicentenial) new project

Starrywarz

I have started a new reskin from a blank sd40-2 that I plan to turn into Milwaukee Road 156, its 1976 bicentennial unit. This has always been a favorite unit of mine and I have looked all over for it. I even found screens of a very well made one that someone posted a few years ago in TUME's thread. They were supposed to be available for JR either purchase or freeware, but never arrived. This would have been a unit i would have paid $20 for.

With the absence of an awesome engine i decided to make my own. Here is the first screen after only hours of working on it.

milw156.jpg
2014-08-06_00001.jpg

There is still lots of work to do. I have only worked a short time on the exterior of the locomotive and am still working on correcting the unit to be as close to realistic as possible. I know that the fuel tank was shortened on the Milwaukee unit, but I may not be able to do that so I will have to see.

I also realize that in this image it appears that the color is purple. The unit is not actually purple, it is the way the photos save. when i edit the unit in Photoshop it turns purple, but while using paint.NET it is normal colored and is normal colored in game.

This is also actually the second skin I created. The first one was way too light so I started over, but was able to keep my newly added stripes.

4 hours in ---- LOTS to go

EDIT:

Colors completely reworked to be more eye pleasing. still have work to do and things to change, but this is where I am at now. there are a few spots that need to be patched, and some spots arent done, especially the logo. the basic outline should be done.

2014-08-06_00002.jpg2014-08-06_00003.jpg

this is my near ending product. Only problem that I have found now is the trucks do not touch the tracks, so i will have to find a new set of trucks for the unit. otherwise it is good enough for my personal use standards.

end.jpg

Back