Midwestern DLC Update

pware

Trainz Veteran
As is my usual practice, when I first "fire-up" Trainz in the morning I go to my Updates Available filter in CM and expect to see the usual list of "Packaged, Newer version available" assets that, for some reason, never seem to update and I can never find the updates - but the list has slowly shrunk, for equally mysterious reasons, over the last few months. They were present there again today (the "CN" and "QR" entries shown below) but this time they were joined by others.

Packaged-Updates.png

I suspected that the "Missing dependencies" were from the "Midwestern Branch - TRS19" item, so I selected it and listed its Asset Versions

Packaged-Mid-W-Updates.png

I selected one because it had the highest build number and the highest KUID ":xx" value (but "Not installed" was also a big clue), and tried a download (an obvious choice) but was greeted with an error message.

Packaged_MidW_Download.png

Hmmm. That gave me the clue that it might be an installed DLC package that I had. My next thought was to go to the Content Store from the Launcher and try to disable or delete it since it looked like it would be nothing but trouble.

Opening the Content Store I discovered that I had an Update waiting.

Packaged_MidW_DLC_Update.png

Now currently being installed.

The moral from all this, "Packaged, Newer version available" for routes and sessions at least, probably means it is worthwhile checking the Updates section of the Content Store. Now if only the same was true for other similarly labelled assets.

So Endeth today's lesson.

UPDATE: After the update completed the list has returned to the usual 4 suspects.

Last edited:
Those 4 plus another at least 9 that I show are apparently for trs3 (the new mobile version). There is some work going on to better mask these from desktop PCs, but don't hold your breath.

Those 4 plus another at least 9 that I show are apparently for trs3 (the new mobile version). There is some work going on to better mask these from desktop PCs, but don't hold your breath.

Thank you for that, I will not wait with baited breath.

After I updated, I found there was a lot of other assets I needed to download from the DLS. This included a lot of boxcars from RGCX. Upon downloading, the missing dependencies disappeared. What I do have left over though are some old sessions that are marked obsolete but haven't disappeared. I tried an EDR, but that didn't help.

I had just 13 missing, all on the DLS and they seemed to be all Commodities. Now no missing or faulty assets.

I just downloaded the update for this route

I am showing these 4 as Packaged, Payware (not active)
<kuid:605579:101186> MWB: MILW-GP9-283-001
<kuid:605579:100722> HI GP38-2 engine Specs
<kuid:605579:101184> MWB: MILW-GP9-284-001
<kuid:605579:101185> MWB: MILW-GP9-280-001
The engine spec is for the three engines.
When I look at dependents, I get all of these as now packaged, obsolete:
<kuid:605579:100437> Grain Collector
<kuid:605579:100438> Lumber Mill Duties
<kuid:605579:100440> Mill Town Switching
<kuid:605579:100442> Transfer Run
So I am in the same boat as Pware. Are you saying these sessions that were "packaged" are no longer available? Did I not pay to get these sessions - and the locos - with the route? I now only have one session to run with this route, but no longer have these locos? I would like some clarification. Should I put in a ticket with the helpdesk, or will I get excuses about mobile?

I just checked your dependencies, all present and correct. All are sessions of the Midwestern DLC TRS19 route.

Packaged-Mid-W-Sessions.png

The others listed, the "MWB" and "HI GP38", are not installed on my system and their kuids are not showing as missing so I would assume that they have nothing to do with the Midwestern DLC TRS19 update.

I happened to see the route update in Content Store just by chance... had a couple of assets to download after the update but all went well. No issues, four sessions. I do wish there was some type of notifier at game launch when there is a route/sessions update.

Hi Pware. As I said, when I check dependents for the locos, I get "Grain Collector" and "Lumber Mill Duties" for two of them, and "Mill Town Switching" and "Transfer Run" for the third, all of which are sessions for this route, and all are labeled as "Packaged, Obsolete". They are version 4.6. I do have SP4 so should be able to use 4.9
There is no option to download the new versions of the sessions, because they are "Packaged", and download is grayed out. They apparently did not come with the 6+GB (wow!) update of the route!
So, I am left with two questions:
- Are the locos inactive because the sessions are obsolete?
- How do I update the sessions if they did not update with the route?
If no one knows, I will put in a ticket.

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that there are no mobile version of Midwestern Branch released (in fact it never entered production at this time).

--------------------------

Forester1 & pware-
I am showing these 4 as Packaged, Payware (not active)
<kuid:605579:101186> MWB: MILW-GP9-283-001
<kuid:605579:100722> HI GP38-2 engine Specs
<kuid:605579:101184> MWB: MILW-GP9-284-001
<kuid:605579:101185> MWB: MILW-GP9-280-001
The engine spec is for the three engines.
Those engines are no longer needed and therefore have been removed from the package. The update change list below explains the reason behind it:

Good morning everyone,

An update for Midwestern Branch is now available to all owners of the DLC. The railroad recently sold their ex-MILW units and bought some newer replacement units for the area.

This update mostly focuses on the sessions.

Below is the complete change list
- New rolling stock and locomotives for the sessions
- Other general maintenance
- New sky for both route and sessions
- Fixed speed signs that where giving incorrect speed limits at Mill Town
- Fixed a bug with the navigation icons not rendering all the time in Lumber Mill Duties
- Moved the trigger in Grain Collector due to misplacement

Please keep in mind that v14 requires a min version of Trainz 2019 SP4. If you are using an earlier version then you'll need to either update your current version to SP4 or download a new copy from your Trainz account in order to use the new version.

Cheers

Thanks for the response, Hiawathamr. Is there any way to keep the inactive locos and re-activate them? I would still like to have them available. Also, I am running SP4, build 114800, so what is the process to update those sessions to the new versions instead of them just saying "Obsolete"? They did not update with the updated route.

It would be interesting to see just how much collective time is wasted trying to deal with these Trainz issues, I very much doubt they would ever do it, but I'd like nv3 to conduct a survey to see on average how much time the average user spends weekly on these time wasting activities :eek:

Thanks for the response, Hiawathamr. Is there any way to keep the inactive locos and re-activate them? I would still like to have them available. Also, I am running SP4, build 114800, so what is the process to update those sessions to the new versions instead of them just saying "Obsolete"? They did not update with the updated route.

Right now they aren't able to be activated as they have been uninstalled the new update has been applied. CM is just showing a trace of those items and if you try to delete the assets you should have the delete button become available which will remove the traces.

As for the Obsolete part I tested that before SP5 become a thing and everything shows correctly on my end.
Screenshot_49.jpg

I would try these things:
1. uninstall Midwestern Branch, delete all of the kuids that comes with the DLC and then redownload Midwestern Branch to see if the problem still occurs.
2. go into your packages folder and delete everything that has sc450 in the name and run a extended database update. Then download the Midwestern Branch and see if the problem still occurs.
3. create a new content folder and download Midwestern Branch and see if the problem still occurs.
3. if all of the above fails, then I would contact the helpdesk (https://support.trainzportal.com/) or put a bug report in (https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu)

Cheers

Well, I did start an EDBR about 10 hours ago, and it is near being finished. If it did not correct anything I will try the uninstall and install. I think I might skip part 3, and if I do part2 I am not going to want to do another EDBR!

Did the MILW locos get replaced with updated MILW locos? I REALLY wanted to keep those. :(

EDIT: The EDBR appears to have fixed the sessions. Now I have the same issue with Shortline Railroad. Updating now. I REALLY Hope I don't need to spend another 8-10 hours on another EDBR!
Still kinda bummed about those MILW GPs.
EDIT2: Update of Shortline worked fine. And I see I have something like copies of those MILW GP9s (Also version 2.9, same numbers) by TUME from one of his routes. So I guess I am good at this point.

Last edited:
Those units where alias of the original units of Tume's that are on the DLS to change / fix some things that the original units had issues with.

If you want the original units (without the alias applied), you can download these that are on the DLS
<kuid2:82412:710009280:2> MILW-GP9-280-001
<kuid2:82412:710009283:2> MILW-GP9-283-001
<kuid2:82412:710009284:2> MILW-GP9-284-001

Cheers

I now have the update installed and running without any issues or missing dependencies on Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)

Hi all,

New update is in the works and going to hopefully get this released ASAP.
At this time I dont plan to list the changes but I can tell you it'll fix up the issues reported so far.
Full changes will come when it goes live and will be posted on the support thread.

Cheers

Back