Midwest Grain

i Have downloaded the Midwest package and it's dependencies. I am trying to get this working on the Mac version.

I've spent most of the day trying to find unknown dependencies to no avail. Most google searches appear to refer to Russian sites which I do not read. And some appears to be Payware. I did find some content from the same kuid, but did not find these.

I'm new and need help finding the following dependencies. Would you please help a gal out?

From: http://www.torstenfehr.de/resources/TS12_Kuid.txt I found descriptions for the missing dependencies.
A5,<kuid:1987:5>
A12,<kuid:1987:12>
A15,<kuid:1987:15>
A39,<kuid:1987:39>

a-grass stripes,<kuid:11:611>

Industrial Tank 10,<kuid:523:1972825>
Industrial Shelter 01,<kuid:523:1972829>
Industrial Pipes 12,<kuid:523:1972835>

(not found on hot train.hu)
murva 15,<kuid:9999:921519>
grass 01,<kuid:9999:921551>
grass 02,<kuid:9999:921552>
grass 04,<kuid:9999:921554>
grass 05,<kuid:9999:921555>
grass 09,<kuid:9999:921559>
grass 11,<kuid:9999:921561>
grass 13,<kuid:9999:921563>
grass 14,<kuid:9999:921564>
ballast 09,<kuid:9999:921609>
ballast 15,<kuid:9999:921615>

Grain HP,<kuid2:46162:60001:9>

JR_dkgry_tex,<kuid2:45324:35000:3>
JR_ltgry_tex,<kuid2:45324:35001:1>
JR MS Lineside Telegraph 8,<kuid2:45324:39003:1>

n railman 3,<kuid:506034:1150>

G: grass02 - middle green short,<kuid:71619:22102>

prechod2,<kuid:89096:60002>

Old depot N1,<kuid:118606:140735>

Al pochva 2,<kuid:303030:10201>
Al pochva 37,<kuid:303030:10236>

n Loader2,<kuid:370528:1331>

JR Flange Lubricator,<kuid2:487560:26001:1>
JR Wood Grade Crossing,<kuid2:487560:26010:1>

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Last edited:
All of these as far as i know should of been in the Dep Pack that came with the Route or on the DLS, Are you sure nothing is still open for edit in CMP ?.
Mick.

I spent several hours downloading content (ie Available for Download) from DLS and these were not found there. At least not using the Mac Trainz Content Manager.

I have listed only those that are giving me the following error message (I've shown one for the sake of brevity):

Dependency <Kuid:370528:1331> is unknown.

There is a red circle with an x in front of the message(s).

I had hundreds. I've narrowed it down to the list above. I'm really frustrated. I've spent about 80% of my time finding and downloading content and fixing errors vs 20% actually running the simulation.

I also re-downloaded the cdp files.

I haven't opened anything for editing.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I've really tried to figure this out.

Last edited:
Sumtimes you don't have to open them they just turn up opened for edit.

I have one here that is open for edit as you can see the little Spanner & Hammer Icon, So if you have any of these symbols then you need to Right Click/Select All/Commit. Failing that then it must be a Mac related issue and we'll have to wait till Kev the resident support guru can see this and hopefully get you going in the right direction.
Mick.

The Mac version's Content Manager doesn't look anything like the picture you're showing. It's all text based. So no Icons.

There also is no select all/commit.

If a one is open for edit, I can Submit Changes or Revert Changes.

Sorry if my frustration is getting in the way. Could this content have been downloaded on your machines with other Packages that I have yet to download on mine?

I'm grasping for straws. Thanks for your help so far. If Kev can help that would be wonderful.

Ribkah,

The route DOES work on TS Mac, but you may require additional content from TS 12 (Windows) or DLS....

Diego

Diego,

I know that I need additional content. I just can't find it. That is what I am asking for help with. Would you please help me find that unknown content? And if you read my previous posts I've tried to find it on DLS and via google search (one Kuid at a time).

I don't have a current MS machine or Windows to run TS 12. I had tried to run an earlier version of TS on a windows emulator on an older Mac, but each frame took several minutes to render.

Thank you for letting me know that it does work on your Mac. Yeah! I was beginning to think it did not or would not.

Did you have to copy unknown content from your TS 12 machine to your Mac?

Sorry if I am being dense in my understanding. The light bulb just hasn't come on yet.

Rivkah

You need to make sure you get all the latest dependencies from JR freeware first. The smart signals, libraries, latest engine specs, etc etc etc.

My TS Mac install already includes most of the TS 12 Windows content via import, so I'm not sure which specific pieces Midwest Grain might or might not depend on. Would concentrate on finding all other dependencies first and then see what's left if anything.

Diego

As far as I know, nothing specific is required from TS12. I've installed this fine on my Mac copy, and everything was either: built-in, on the DLS, or provided on JointedRail's site. ;)

Good feedback for mac users, thanks. I wasn't sure since i've (little by little) brought almost everything in from TS 12.

Diego

Good feedback for mac users, thanks. I wasn't sure since i've (little by little) brought almost everything in from TS 12.

Diego
Not a bad idea anyways, since then you can get the best of both without missing out on anything in the future. Why N3V Games did it this way for content, I have no clue.

I have downloaded all of the dependencies I can find. I am asking for help finding those that I cannot find. I thought I've been clear on that. Was I not clear? My apologies if I wasn't.

I have repeatedly downloaded the dependencies that I can find. Are you suggesting that I haven't downloaded them often enough?

I have repeatedly stated that I have tried the DLS, I have repeatedly tried Jointed Rails site, I have repeatedly tried other sites, and I have done repeated Google Searches. If you can't or won't help, please let someone who can or will help respond?

Or perhaps I need to purchase a PC and TS12 to find this content? Other places I've heard the TSMac version described as almost TS12 with somethings missing.

I'm really sorry. I'm confused. I'm frustrated. And you're telling me to do things I've already stated I've done. I don't understand.

Gentle Soul:

I believe the unknown kuids you seek are listed above. I am having the same or similar problem.

So far nobody seems to know where these kuids are though they may be in TS12. Since you indicate you have TS9 you may want to see if that version has some of your unknown content. Perhaps you downloaded the unknown content as part of a different package sometime in the past.

Are you having "bald" spots where grass or ballast (ground cover texture) is missing? The ballast missing was one clue. I think these would be in my list above as well.

Check for errors and warnings.

Hopefully, the kind folks here will help us.

I spent several hours downloading content (ie Available for Download) from DLS and these were not found there. At least not using the Mac Trainz Content Manager.

I have listed only those that are giving me the following error message (I've shown one for the sake of brevity):

Dependency <Kuid:370528:1331> is unknown.

There is a red circle with an x in front of the message(s).

I had hundreds. I've narrowed it down to the list above. I'm really frustrated. I've spent about 80% of my time finding and downloading content and fixing errors vs 20% actually running the simulation.

I also re-downloaded the cdp files.

I haven't opened anything for editing.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I've really tried to figure this out.
Hi There.
That missing kuid number= <kuid:370528:1331> =
is a = n Loader2 = creator is = neoklai75=
Tonny. ; herlev ]

KUID's found. I think? (TS12)

try downloading JR's freeware bulkhead and centerbeam cars. (wouldnt hurt to download their stuff they know how to make it all look good) I had the same problem and im new to this, but i realized when playing pioneer local session i noticed there were no railcars to be seen on the route. when i saw there was supposed to be a loaded bulkhead at cargill and nothing was there i was quite pissed. anyway i did some looking around and i downloaded the bulkheads and figured "ey wtf just download a bunch or their sh!t, it all looks good.) i didnt want any crappy stock TS12 stuff on this route.

anyway push came to shove and turns out all the missing KUIDs were for loads on all the flatcars they offer, and if you dont want red flags you gotta download all loads for it (which sucks because theres so many)

ive yet to see if this wraps it all up but ill see when trainz decides when i can download my sh!t again.

and for anybody that has any sort of crashing issues, download EVERYTHING from JR's site, signals, loads, pallets, and dependencies. i downloaded everything as a newbie to all this editing hoo-ha and just saw dashed lines on the map and worked my way up from there, downloading file after file. it sucked but its been quite the fun journey and it seems that i have everything now, except the loads for these f*ckin cars so until then none of the sessions work well.

i am new however and would enjoy playing MP on this route. (eddybaggz) im set up for it (i think) i just need a vet to point me in the right directions so i can start going apesh!t with all the files, and dependencies.

hey are the industries working at all for you?, so far ive been just pushing and shoving cars back and fourth on the line is there any way to make the industry work at all or am i SOL until they release the next pack? or do i lack some critical file?

thanks,

ed

Back