Marias Pass Route - HP Trainz

susanaes

NYCTA Developer
Hey guys the Marias Pass Route on HP Trainz it looks good but is it worth the buy and what games does it work with cuz I'm current working with TS10. I'm asking cuz I'm looking for a new Amtrak route to play with.

Marias Pass PLUS (not "X") works with 2006, 2009, 2010 & 2012 error-free as far as i have tested. I would have no idea if it is worth the buy, it was given to me and HP-trainz.de wont load for me to check

The route is worth the money. I've got it and it's a great drive. :)

The X version works fine in TS12.

John

The X version also runs ok in 2010. It is worth it for the rollingstock alone. There are some new locos available for it now as well at HP.
cheers,
Mike

Friends,

For the Rivet counters among us, regarding the Marias Pass rolling stock, particularly the locomotives, be aware that in the case of at least some of the locomotives, some running numbers in game are assigned to locomotive models which do not match the model the number is assigned to in real life. I've not investigated how easily, or even if, the numbers can be changed in game.

ns

Something really bugs me on the TS2010/12 version. At a bridge outside of Essex, where there should be a bridge, there's a gap. Same by CFAC, but with track. Then there's a gap in a track in the Essex yard, and a missing switch by that mine by Essex. I've tried reinstalling the route, no fix. Maybe in the next version coming soon.

Something really bugs me on the TS2010/12 version. At a bridge outside of Essex, where there should be a bridge, there's a gap. Same by CFAC, but with track. Then there's a gap in a track in the Essex yard, and a missing switch by that mine by Essex. I've tried reinstalling the route, no fix. Maybe in the next version coming soon.

Are you sure you're not missing any dependencies? My version is fine even with the content updates and fixes.

John

Did you tried load base session instead of route itself? I got similar problem when I load route instead of Base session.

Did you tried load base session instead of route itself? I got similar problem when I load route instead of Base session.
It was loading the route, but I found the exact same missing track in the "Heavy haul over Marias" session.

Are you sure you're not missing any dependencies? My version is fine even with the content updates and fixes.

John
I had like 1 or 2 faulty textures, and as far as I could tell, the only missing dependency was the built-in grid, which I know is installed. Maybe I could try deleting the route and reinstalling it. There's also version 4.5 coming soon, maybe that will help.

I had like 1 or 2 faulty textures, and as far as I could tell, the only missing dependency was the built-in grid, which I know is installed. Maybe I could try deleting the route and reinstalling it. There's also version 4.5 coming soon, maybe that will help.

Try reinstalling the route again and see if that works. There are some dependencies on the DLS.

The default grid things sounds weird, but did you install anything from Jointed Rail? They changed the default grid to a different one, which might cause that problem for you if I remember correctly.

I know about V4.5... I've been waiting for that one myself.

John

Try reinstalling the route again and see if that works. There are some dependencies on the DLS.

The default grid things sounds weird, but did you install anything from Jointed Rail? They changed the default grid to a different one, which might cause that problem for you if I remember correctly.

I know about V4.5... I've been waiting for that one myself.

John
Actually, the only missing dependency turned out to be: <kuid2:46162:60001:11>
As far as I know, that is the default HP Grain product. Not the grid, as it turns out.
There are two dependencies on the DLS, and a lot of stuff that can be updated (over 600 MB).

Ok, I've fixed it, and now, i'm on the "Heavy haul over Marias" session. In the instructions, what do they mean by "waiting position on WF4" since I can't leave the engine yard? Also, how long do I have to wait until the freight train arrives in Whitefish yard?

Last edited:
You probably need to fuel your engine first. Then, the dispatcher will lead you to the waiting position on track WF4, on the east end of Whitefish Yard.

Report back if you need more help.

You probably need to fuel your engine first. Then, the dispatcher will lead you to the waiting position on track WF4, on the east end of Whitefish Yard.

Report back if you need more help.
Do I need to fuel it, then reverse back on to the turntable, then get the sand? Because I got the fuel, drove to the team track, then remembered I needed to get sand, and stopped at the sand.

EDIT: Should it take over a minute for the dispatcher to lead me to track WF4? Because it's taking over a minute. I've been waiting at the sand filler.

Last edited:
So I'm downloading the installer for 4.5, and looking at the filesize... 2.5 GIGABYTES?! This will take forever on my Internet... And that's usually fast.

Back