Make your Own Train Company

Thought up the The Moonbrooke & Western R.R. while my dad was playing Dragon Quest (or Warrior) II on his Nintendo E.S. One of the castles was called Moonbrooke Tower, and i liked the name, so i went with it.

Keep calm and carry on,

Lennoxville and Eastern

The Lennoxville & Eastern Railway is a secondary road, the product of the Heartland Central
Haulage Co-op, formed in 2002 between CP, the Heartland Co-op of Produce Farmers as well as area wheat harvesting
operations. LER was subcontracted by CP to take over grain and corn haulage between Lennoxville and Madison, interchanging
with the BNSF in Lennoxville, and the CP in Julianna, the midpoint on the LER system.

The area in which LER acquires its bulk cargo is the Heartland area that spreads west/northwest out of the Central City
suburban area for hundreds of miles. This area is rich with wheat and corn products, so in turn LER hauls hopper trains loaded
with both commodities to market.

In the early morning, trains from either end of the system will run empty hopper trains headed towards
the centre-point at Julianna, dropping off empties at the local feed mills and elevators along the way for loading.
Later in the day, two more jobs will leave both ends of the system to lift the now loaded hoppers and bring them to Julianna
were the two loaded trains will combine to make 'The Hotshot'. Train JU-2 will make a mad dash for Lennoxville for interchange
with the BNSF. BNSF usually hands back empties later in the night on a daily basis. While local elevators and co-op's
make up a good volume of loaded trains on the LER, CP also shuttles cuts of longer-distance cars in with the LER carload,
which makes up the other half of LER's gross carload per week.

[LER LX-1 is seen near Lebdunn, with a train of loaded hoppers lifted from local towns.]

-*-

ROSTER

LER hosts a diverse selection of North American road power to serve various duties on the road.

Roster at a glance:

SD40-26000-6025 - 7075-7076
SD70MAC4511-4519
GP38-24300-4307
RS18u4000-4001, 4011-4015, 4021

The backbone of the LER fleet is the GM SD40-2. LER acquired these SD's over the years from
various roads including CP, UP, and BNSF (7075, 7076). SD40-2's are assigned to every-day
hopper trains and the occasional mixed trains.

LER recently acquired nine former CSX SD70MAC's through an auction bid. These were
purchased to supplement the SD40's on the road and fill in say in a situation where one or three 40's
might be out of service for whichever reason. The crews lament the new Mac's are much more
comfortable than the venerable GM products, which even with their age still pull their hardest
and preform to their quota every single working day since the company's inception.

GP38-2's, along with our supply of former CP Rail RS18's are utilized for yard, local wayfreight
and work train duties. With a focus on six-axle road power, very rarely do you see four-axles
helming LER's hottest trains. Although, keep your eyes peeled, sometimes it does happen.
You will find our four axles working away on local jobs, drilling the yards or working ballast
moves in the midnight hours.

TRAIN SYMBOLS

Train symbols are prefixed by two letter sections denoting location of origin, followed by a system number.

LX-1Lennoxville - Juliannasecond job
LX-3Lennoxville - Juliannafirst job
MA-1Madison - Juliannasecond job
MA-3Madison - Juliannafirst job
MA-XMadison - Lennoxvilleoverflow traffic
JU-2Julianna - Lennoxvillehotshot job
JU-4Julianna - LennoxvilleJU section 02
SYXsystem-widewidely applicable

I hope this has informed the public about the LER and how it operates!

Balazi & warazy mountain
0cdc1c173a6ba4d51b803ad02b7974f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome to the North Coast Commuter Railroad/TCR.

We are a high speed railway offering; High Speed Service to the four major markets along our rails. Astoria, New York, Union, Providence, St. Petersburg and Boston. A trip from Astoria to Boston will take you in an Acela about 3 hours and 30 mins to traverse to 375 mile long main. The railroad was formed after the collapse of Amtrak and with the support from Trainz Commuter Rail we were able to buy the Northeast Corridor from the US Government and rebuild the lines. Offering a European style HSR system in the United States for the first time. Top Speed for the main is about 220mph with average speeds ranging between 80-106mph for Acelas. Our busies section of track is From Union to New York, Grand Central Terminal (Boston) to New York, and lastly Astoria to New York in that order.

amtrak2041864_20141116_0002_zpsf7fe2b80.jpg
amtrak2041864_20141116_0003_zps27072653.jpg
amtrak2041864_20141116_0010_zps2c437bd9.jpg
amtrak2041864_20141116_0012_zps550e5f1a.jpg

The Silver Lines Railroad (SLRR) is an American West-Midwest based railroad that ships heaps of freight including coal, grains, fuels(any fluids), and intermodal/autoracks.

When it comes to locomotive power, the SLRR has always been based around freight, with little passenger service in the days of steam before Amtrak. Because of this, the SLRR owned 15 Challenger type locomotives during the days of steam. These were the biggest owned by the railway at the time, and even now they are still some of the most powerful. he SLRR owned 10 of the GS-4 type as well as many other small locomotive classes. Out of the 15 Challengers and 10 GS-4 types, 10 Challengers still remain and 4 GS-4s were saved along with many others. Nowadays, the majority of the Midwestern area of the Silver Lines trackage is dominated by a fleet of SD40-2s and SD60Ms (plus, 20 SD40-2s are Vegetation Control trains). Recently, however, the SLRR has purchased larger locomotive types from some Class 1 railroads - mainly Dash 9s, SD70s, etc. The railroad does own some smaller units - GP15-1s, SW1500s, and some others. Current locomotives are painted in a silvery-grey colour with two black stripes that wrap around the back of the locomotives with the words 'Silver Lines' in black in between the stripes.

Silver Lines trackage consists of a single-track mainline for a large area and splits into a double-tracked mainline after making it to Northborough Yard. Northborough Yard is one of the biggest yards on the railroad. There is a nearby locomotive shop that services any type of locomotive. It still has a running turntable and multiple crossovers. The most common trains seen along the tracks are coal trains and mixed freights.

The Silver Lines' HQ is located in the city of Northborough.

15621189772_ffccbf943a_o.png

15459523977_82ef2355bf_o.png

15102174760_5bb8f2e8db_o.png

15102570148_428da320bb_o.png

15055633188_87549975d4_o.png

Oh, the SLRR is also a big fan of heritage type things. Steam locomotives are run by the SLRR sometimes with special excursion trains. Additionally, all kinds of steam locomotives from other railroads are a welcome sight.

15599101609_3409c37ec5_o.png

(I really like this picture. I really like this one.)

That's the Silver Lines Railroad for ya, folks.

Cheers,
SM

I have shared some of this in my blog, but this seems to be a thread where I can share what I've done. The Augsburg & Concord Railroad is a fictional regional railroad located in Central Illinois. The idea is that it was created when the Chicago and Illinois Midland folded. Instead of becoming part of the Genesee & Wyoming, it became instead the Augsburg & Concord. The paint scheme is a takeoff of the Chicago Northwestern. The logo clearly harkens it's roots to the C&IM.

AugsburgYard_zpsf0214dae.jpg

The roster includes an F40ph for the Commuter train, as well as SD40-2, C40-8, and a Dash 9 for mainline freight duties. An SW 1500 and a MP15AC used for switching duties round out the roster. An old C&IM Steam locomotive rounds out the roster of locomotives.

Jeff1959_20141124_0000_zps9b377712.jpg

Jeff1959_20141120_0000_zps3b685729.jpg

Revenue rolling stock includes 50' boxcars, grain hoppers and several bi-level commuter cars. Non revenue cars include old coaches in C&IM markings as well as several cabooses.

The line runs from Peoria, IL at the north to Springfield, IL in the south. Augsburg, where the railroad headquarters and main yard is found, is located about 60 miles north of Springfield. The railroad interchanges with the Burlington Northern in the north and the Chicago & Northwestern to the south. The route being built goes from Augsburg in the south to Concord, on the Illinois River to the north. Wittenburg (also fictitious) is located about halfway between the two main cities.

Point Jeyes Railyard, Gurtanrown Central, and the Waddesdon Branch.

I have three fictional routes. I will give a brief now and pictures later.
1. Point Jeyes Railroad-A massive Class I Railroad that operates like a class III shortline form the 1950s. It is owned by two billionaires who love steam. It uses all steam only owning one diesel, the California Western 56, a Baldwin RS-12 from 1955. It operates revenue steam freight and passenger service. The shops at Point Jeyes (taken from Point Reyes in N. California and the J from my name) can build steam engines to Baldwin, ALCo, or Porter design. The railway is triple gauge, Standard, 3ft, 30". Passenger service operates daily in wooden and steel clerestory roofed open and a few closed vestibule coaches from the 1870s-1920s. The line operates from the historic Point Jeyes Station along the ocean bluffs out into the forest and over the coastal mountain range on the mainline, another mainline division climbs up a hill and into town. It passes a large Royal Palace, and several old estates, with a driveway crossing for each. It comes to a siding and switch. The right fork heads into the heart of Point Jeyes, a quaint western historic town of all protected buildings. This track heads east to Vilanova, to the connection with the Union Pacific (former Southern Pacific) to the Union Station and Mediterranean style roundhouse. Back by the estates, the left fork heads past the school, made entirely of relocated historic buildings, churches, farmhouse, cottage, general store, etc. It continues to the sound, up a steep (2-3%) grade with a for only demonstration rack, for the railways ex-Nilgiri X Class 0-8-2. Eventually it goes to the upperclass town today known as Shay Sound, due to its shay from the once thriving lumber industry there on a pedestal by the sound, it has since been restored and operates a few foliage specials every year on the city's Terminal Railroad and the old lumber tracks. On the east side of town is the connection with Union Pacific.

Back on the coastal mainline, part way into the line, there is a branch, the Blue Creek Line that serves the lumber town of that name, a historic town in the Blue Creek Basin. The main line continues over the mountains, across a towering timber trestle that doubles over itself and through a tunnel. It then runs on a cliff above the ocean. Eventually it arrives at Gurton Bay, a mispelled version of Gurtan. Here it curves inland and climbs higher to Rickshaw Loop, so named because the train used to stop here, and you had to continue by Rickshaw. Then it winds down the valley several times crossing a high steel trestle, wood trestle, and steel truss. After passing through a tunnel, it runs level with the sea and eventually into Lake Kee. Partway along a loop has been built, now-a-days expresses, heavy ore and downgrade trains take the main while freights and upgrade trains can pull off through this loop and siding then back on to take the old track. At the bottom it comes alongside Lake Kee, a quaint depot is here with a wye, small roundhouse and turntable, and passing sidings. At the end of the yard is a gate, the end of steam's domain, and the door to the modern world, and the interchange with the Class II Gurtantown Central. Point Jeyes Rail Yard today owns the Moscow, Camden, & San Augustine which operates the Panama Mogul, 201, old #6 and the wooden combine. PJRy for short also owns the V&T which they operate between Reno and Carson City with the V&T 27, V&T Reno (in 1907-1993 Oil Burner with Capped Chimney Condition) and the V&T 12 Genoa in 1902 as preserved condition. The goal of the owners is a steam line on every inhabited continent, as well as the 5 or so operations in America.

More on the Gurtantown Central and the English Branchline, pictures will come.
Saturnr

Last edited:
Seems like a big glut of foam to me, but who says we can't foam every once in a while? I know a certain Sawyer here who would be all over that.

I made a ton of fictional locomotives on TRS2004 in the past, but they're on my old computer and likely haven't been backed up to my Seagate portable drive. Other than that, though, I have no other fictional railroads on Trainz due to spending most of my recent simming time in MSTS and Open Rails. However, I did manage to make my first Trainz renumber, based on one of my MSTS fictionals. This is a simple renumber of Ben Neal's B&O Q4b repaint to match the Q4b owned by the Eastern Railroad Preservation Society based in Butler, PA. There's a black square where the number on the front plate should go, but I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

To compare, here's 4450 in MSTS, using an accurate Q4b model.

Last edited:
Electro Transport, a huge (fictional for now ;) ) transport company, operating light rail, buses and trains all over the place, operating in countries such as Australia and Vietnam. It also operates an international airline called Air Electro operating flights to South East Asia and the United states from Australia.
Electro Transport provides clean comfortable and fast transport served by fleets of modern, low floor light rail vehicles, efficient modern trains, and low floor accessible fuel efficient buses. An example of an Electro Transport low-floor LRV is seen here: Built based off a combination of the Adtranz Variotram and the Combino. Note the blue and orange colour scheme
10896981_642186129221234_8421437594174426375_n.jpg

1455867_642186239221223_5472433511706250316_n.jpg

Typical interior of an ELRT (Electro Light Rapid Transport) vehicle
10891871_642186185887895_7233245271561018504_n.jpg

More pics to come

I like how you made Electro Transport more than just a single railway, but an entire transportation entity including light rail, buses, and air transport. The paint scheme reminds me of the Metro Transit LRVs I used to see in Minneapolis back when I lived in Minnesota. Say, since you have TS12, why not get a start on Air Electro by painting the default ANZ A320?

Last edited:
Hi, I've made a Vietnamese SaiGon Electro Bus depicted as a Mercedes-Benz Citaro C2 and an Air Electro Airbus A330-200 (these models are still to be worked on)
10906388_646439598795887_2751995496742943428_n.jpg

1471280_646439658795881_5769680729895467743_n.jpg

10923295_646439618795885_8164300561636505633_n.jpg

The Airbus A330-200
10933959_646439638795883_3633415231767596193_n.jpg

here is my company....

my train company is the welch and northwest railway. it is set 200 years after the destruction of the island of sodor. all of the engines then moved to the welch and northwest railway.

Back