Lost part of a train?

autodctr

Been working on this layout for quite awhile: it is large....92,000+KB. Everything was OK the last time I ran it. Today, on one consist, the three locos and about 25 cars are missing! Going into the driver list, I have one driver that is not assigned anywhere. This is all different from the last run. Any ideas?

It could have derailed and then cleaned up without you knowing, why its missing and the driver isnt assigned to it anymore.

What Hert said. Took me half an hour to figure out why a certain train always lost a locomotive and unassigned the driver. Train A is in a siding waiting to go into a portal. After permission is given, train B is told to enter same siding. Go back later to send B into the portal, and what? No lead loco and driver is unassigned?

Once I watched the whole thing, turns out the lead loco from A train flashes back to the track point in the siding for a split second during portal entry, thus derailing the lead locomotive of B train. I can imagine if the train was moving, it would have derailed a whole lot more than just a loco.

Are these part of a beta DLC content pack that expired? I had that occur once and I was missing some locomotives.

Were any part of the consist sitting over a switch?
Still thinking 3/25 derailed for some reason, because of the remaining part of the consist still being there.

No switches anywhere on that track.

This layout is what I liked about model trains in my childhood (55 years ago). No AI. Just one very long main track (252 miles), scenery, and lots of moving trains to watch. I run 12 trains on the mainline at one time....all manually controlled. There are 14 go karts running on a track and there are 13 other trains running all on their own tracks. I like to watch everything from an M420 Christmas diesel that gives me my view from the head light.

I'm thinking there's some track breakage somewhere, on your layout.

Edit your route in surveyor classic, go to where you have placed the consists and use the track move tool to see if the track moves together and press CTRL+Z to undo.
If, the track spline separates! This is the cause of all your problems, just make sure they snap into place and then re-save your route and sessions.

I only use Surveyor classic. And since that one time it happened, it has been fine since. Nothing done to track or ground, but it has been fine. Just weird.

I only use Surveyor classic. And since that one time it happened, it has been fine since. Nothing done to track or ground, but it has been fine. Just weird.
The LGM are at it again, or maybe this is an error occurred of a type unknown.

I've had errors like this. Sometimes, they'll happen constantly to a point where I'll report the issue as a bug to the QA Team where they can't replicate the problem and at the same time the problem disappears from my routes as well.

I really thought that track breakage would be the probable cause since I've got routes with track breakages here and there which is a super easy fix. Just load the route into surveyor using edit route option and move the split splines away from each other and rejoin them, then I make sure that it's accurately joined my moving the circle thingy and if it looks connected, I press CTRL+Z to move the track into it's original position. Save the route as a new version, no complaints there!!

I do wish that after saving the new version of the route, the original authors KUID would stay instead of using my KUID. I would prefer to keep the original authors username and KIUD, that's just one of those things...

I really thought that track breakage would be the probable cause since I've got routes with track breakages here and there which is a super easy fix. Just load the route into surveyor using edit route option and move the split splines away from each other and rejoin them, then I make sure that it's accurately joined my moving the circle thingy and if it looks connected, I press CTRL+Z to move the track into it's original position. Save the route as a new version, no complaints there!!

I do wish that after saving the new version of the route, the original authors KUID would stay instead of using my KUID. I would prefer to keep the original authors username and KIUD, that's just one of those things...
There is a way of doing that, but that involves config.txt surgery on your desktop.

After the route is cloned in your name:

Go to Content Manager.
Find your route and use Open for edit.
Open up Explorer and navigate to your TRS22 user-data-wherever-it's-located-and named-folder/editing and copy the route's folder to your desktop.

Open up that folder and edit the config.txt file to change the KUID back to the original user's KUID.

Back in Content Manager...
Revert your open route to original to keep for later. You can always delete it if you want.
Import the route-folder from your desktop.
Submit since this will overwrite the route that's already there.

This procedure will not work for DLC or Built-in routes.

I occasionally start my session to work on the route and find a train or two have derailed. I just close out of it (WITHOUT SAVING) and go back and reopen the session. Usually things are okay then. But if you find a train derailed when you open the session the second time, try it again.. Close without saving and try opening it again. This has been my experience in 2019.

Most times I will hit "Pause" when I first see the session opening (Stuff first appearing, ground, grass, track, roadwork, etc. Whatever I see first.) and after everything, or most everything, is loaded and visible, things will be okay.

I occasionally start my session to work on the route and find a train or two have derailed. I just close out of it (WITHOUT SAVING) and go back and reopen the session. Usually things are okay then. But if you find a train derailed when you open the session the second time, try it again.. Close without saving and try opening it again. This has been my experience in 2019.

Most times I will hit "Pause" when I first see the session opening (Stuff first appearing, ground, grass, track, roadwork, etc. Whatever I see first.) and after everything, or most everything, is loaded and visible, things will be okay.
I always started my sessions paused to let everything load in first and the computer settle-down before running my sessions. I have found after doing this, the driver session runs much better.

I've only run into some derailed consists but that was due to my own doings in Surveyor where I moved some track and the consist didn't go with it.

Back