Looking Ouside in Cab View - TRS19

Wombat2

This is my first post since installing TRS19 and while I am generally happy with it, there is a steep learning curve despite what the blurb tells us.
Nevertheless, I have one question which I'm sure someone out there can help with: In earlier versions, there was a keystroke combination that allowed a driver (in Driver Mode) to look "outside" the cabin when in Cab View., i.e. move to one side or the other so that the view is actually forward of the cabin but outside it.
There doesn't appear to be a traditional manual for TRS19 (which is a pity for new users) and when I search the TANE manual I can find no reference to it.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

AFAIK the [ and ] keys still take you around the cab camera locations provided by the author. These are generally provided to simulate where the engineer or driver might look in game.

The other option is what was called freeintcam in the old trainzoptions.txt file. That option is now in the game options. I've forgotten where it is exactly but it should be obvious when you spot it. Freintcam, or it's current equivalent, allows you to move left and right, or up and down. The problem is that you are effectively still inside the cab and a view of the outside may show lots of the mesh missing. It was intended as a content creator's tool.

Back