Logiteck Joystick

JimDep

Is there anyway to get a programmable Joystick to work for Trainz 2006?
I have an old Logitech Wingman Force that has a USB and gameport connector. It worked for MSTS but not for Trainz.
Thanks.

I don't believe that Trainz supports general joystick drivers. The only controller that is supported is the Rail Driver. I've tried to use a couple different usb joysticks with TRS, but no luck.

Regards,
Todd

I have a Logitech dual action gamepad and I was able to get it to work but you have to program it to match the keyboard commands manually.

John

Just bought a programmable gamepad for £7.99 from Aldi and it works a treat in TRS2006 (not tried it in anything else). You have to select which key yoiu want a button to replace but it takes only a couple of minutes and the software is included.:)

I used the newest Logitech profiler downloaded off the internet with the latest drivers. The Wingman Force still doesn't respond. I programed the buttons on the stick to match the keys on the PC keyboard, but no response once I start the session. I tried both USB and the game port, and launching Trainz from the Profiler. No response. The joystick shows up in Control Panel, works in other applications, but not for Trainz.

I have one solution... I had a program on my computer that made the joystick act like a mouse...you could always do that...

peter

try googling "joystick mouse" or something like that, its been about a year since I had it.

peter

Just bought a programmable gamepad for £7.99 from Aldi and it works a treat in TRS2006 (not tried it in anything else). You have to select which key yoiu want a button to replace but it takes only a couple of minutes and the software is included.:)
This is very interesting. I find driving from the keyboard quite a chore, so this sounds like a much better option. Can you give more details about this, ie. what make and how you programmd it? Can you use it for DCC as well as cab driving?

I asked on the Logitech forum about using the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
with Trainz.
This is what I was told -
"Yes, by using Profiler. There's one gotcha - you will have to have some app that keeps reading from the pad (for example leave the Profiler window open), otherwise the simulated keys won't work."

I use joycur, it's programmable.

http://www.deinmeister.de/joycur.htm

I thought it's is in English too, otherwise contact me via e-mail for translation (I do my best:D).

Joycur can use in all versions of TRS/TC..
Owners of flight sticks (with throttle) can use the throttle as train brake.

cheers

Wol_HH

This is very interesting. I find driving from the keyboard quite a chore, so this sounds like a much better option. Can you give more details about this, ie. what make and how you programmd it? Can you use it for DCC as well as cab driving?
Hi

It is a Tevion Gaming PS3 & PC Programmable Game Pad. It comes with a disc to load the software and can be used in Joystick or Mouse Mode. In mouse mode you can program the buttons to match any key. Havn't tried it in cab mode but can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. ( I tried the logitech programmable gamepad and couldn' make it work with Trainz)

Back