Library Failed to load

dont know i simply tried to load the game, loaded surveyor and checked the trains tab, now dozens of assets are faulty with that error

That is weird.

Run a database repair at the Launcher.

On the Developer menu item, choose Rebuild database.

This can take a while if you have a lot of content installed.

after an extended database repair, and two patches issue solved... sort of, i started a test route, and it appears as though i cant place any trains on any tracks at all, just gives me that error sound, if it helps, when you select the train asset you wish to place in the trains tab, you can see it spinning normally, but cant seem to place it on tracks

Last edited:
Create a new blank data folder.

Go into your Launcher then settings then go to the Install tab.
Click on the ...
Select the new empty folder.

Trainz will restart.

Go back into the settings again and put in your login information.

Once setup, startup Trainz and create a new route.

Place track, and place an engine.

Does it work?

If it works, then it's something wrong with your data.

Your disk/ssd isn't close to being full is it? Make sure you have some empty space on your drive for cache's and game overhead. (Shot in the dark.)

3 tb harddrive, plenty of space, and i found out this morning,ALL new content i download is acting like this... you can see it spinning in the trains tab but it gives you that error sound when trying to place them on track.

3 tb harddrive, plenty of space, and i found out this morning,ALL new content i download is acting like this... you can see it spinning in the trains tab but it gives you that error sound when trying to place them on track.

Have you tried an Extended Database Repair?

At the Launcher, click on Developer then press CTRL while clicking on Rebuild Database. This can take some time to run if you have a lot of content. There will be faulty assets at the end, but these are mostly false warnings caused by cache changes. Usually right-clicking and choosing view errors and warnings will clear those up. If you do have any faulty assets, they'll remain.

Well folks,i am the one that messed it up, i just fixed it haha, turns out i need to ask an expert before changing computer permissions...

Well folks,i am the one that messed it up, i just fixed it haha, turns out i need to ask an expert before changing computer permissions...

That's great news!

So, what happened, or dear I ask?

Permissions can do some confusing things. Back in my IT days, I had to play around with ACLs (Not Atlantic Coast Lines, but Access Control Lists) on servers.

well i was messing with the properties on my files, so i can unhide the appdata foler, and well i cant remember what i did but i changed permissions somehow, trainz was blocked somehow from using any new content, which is odd, because i was allowed to download content and change engine sounds and such, but couldnt place them on rails

well i was messing with the properties on my files, so i can unhide the appdata foler, and well i cant remember what i did but i changed permissions somehow, trainz was blocked somehow from using any new content, which is odd, because i was allowed to download content and change engine sounds and such, but couldnt place them on rails

Root of the drive - the hard disk as seen in "this computer".

Click on View.
Click on Options.
Click on View tab

In the list choose, choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives under Hidden files and folders.

The setup is such that programs have permission to access the folder, but we can't get there. Microsoft has made these folders "safe" from people breaking things because there are some system-related files and folders in there if moved or renamed. These files include profile information, meaning access to the desktop, login information, documents and download folders, photos, etc. This setup is no different than how Apple and other OS such as Linux handle user data.

The problem we have with that is the folders are hidden from our access directly and this makes doing things such as editing content or clearing caches folders more difficult. The other issue we have is these folders are found on what is usually the smallest drive in the system, meaning the boot disk. This maybe the fastest because it's an NVMe 2.0 stick, but those aren't usually in the multiple terabytes and these devices will fill up quickly with data. The other issue too is being a boot device, it's prone to virus and malware attacks. By keeping the data separate from the system, there's a better chance of avoiding total data loss due to a corrupted OS requiring a fresh installation. With the data out of the way and safe, the drive can be formatted, and programs installed. Because of this issue, many of us including myself, have even moved our documents and downloads to another hard drive.

Back