Layout Bashing or how to get more enjoyment out of Trianz Model Railroad....

As said before in this thread, little details are so important for a layout to come alive, it does make a difference. This picture shows a tiny part of a layout I am building. Watch how the clutter makes the scene stand out...the car wreck, the car seat next to it in the grass, the heating radiator leaning against the corner of the building, the grass, the cracked asphalt...

And here's another tip ( if not mentioned before by someone else ): Use a darker texture around the bottom edges of a building, use the smallest radius and texture the ground UNDER the building so that only a little part of the texture is visible. Do the same with trees, use the smallest radius and click once with the cursor of your mouse in the center of the trunk...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Question for the group: Which do you prefer for the mine siding: the open framed mine (1st pic) or the closed:

To be honest, after adding the hoist house I'm leaning towards the closed version.

I think I like the open one better, the siding on the closed one has a repeating pattern that does not look realistic.

Keep up the good work, this route looks great

I think I like the open one better, the siding on the closed one has a repeating pattern that does not look realistic.

Keep up the good work, this route looks great

The reason it is repeating is because I wanted a single mining company represented with multiple mines. So because of that reason the mines are going to be similar in design It also makes for a more uniform layout. Thank you for your input.

The BraZemore Yard Modified CSX Edition has been released to the DLS.......<kuid:793180:100204> Enjoy !

Session should be set for summer months to enjoy the foliage..........Jointed Rail and RR Mods make up mostly the content besides DLS.

Last edited:
Back to our regulariy scheduled program: Added a small construction scene to the Modded Pioneer & Freedom....Public works finally got some money to complete some roads:

Detail updates for Modded Pioneer & Freedom: Added some lights to the storage tank facility including the one above the office door....

Next for the freight house I added a large dumpster and a some people...one for the truck, one on the loading dock and a girl heading into work:

And some yard details: Workers added, lights added to office and loco sheds, misc freight stored by loco shed and a watchman making some rounds:

Also added light to the Paradise Diner along with some people:

Can't forget the Pioneer Gas station area: Added a mechanic and some tires...people with picnic table and some people around the store...

The reason it is repeating is because I wanted a single mining company represented with multiple mines. So because of that reason the mines are going to be similar in design It also makes for a more uniform layout. Thank you for your input.
I would agree with Christopher824 in that the open loader looks better. I think he was pointing out the tiling pattern on the closed loader, not the repeating of assets in a route. The sides of the loader has a tiled texture applied that robs it of realism.

I would agree with Christopher824 in that the open loader looks better. I think he was pointing out the tiling pattern on the closed loader, not the repeating of assets in a route. The sides of the loader has a tiled texture applied that robs it of realism.

AMEN!

☼ ! ☼

Ok Guys, back to the mine business...point taken......................below are 2 other alternatives, if you like any better then the open frame please say so or state stay with the open version and I will change it to whichever....

And the other choice:

Last edited:
:wave: Evening Sir, looking great as usual, I like both mines, can you dirty the Ballast up with some Coal spill? Trees look great.

BTW....Did you receive my PM re Assets? Just got back from Camping late last night.

:cool: Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

:wave: Evening Sir, looking great as usual, I like both mines, can you dirty the Ballast up with some Coal spill? Trees look great.

BTW....Did you receive my PM re Assets? Just got back from Camping late last night.

:cool: Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Actually showing no pm.......I will send you one.....

Ok Guys, back to the mine business...point taken......................below are 2 other alternatives, if you like any better then the open frame please say so or state stay with the open version and I will change it to whichever....

And the other choice:

The second one I think nails it, looks super great!

Okie Dokie.......the second of the above 2 is the keeper and of course coal mines are dirty but why would I go through the trouble of detailing it if you guys chose a different model ?????:D

So yes I will begin to detail the above mine and make it "dirtier" for your viewing pleasure..........

Back