Junction direction problems.

Ghostryder

QDRN CEO
i am running 2006 with sp1 i am in the process of making a route with a QR theme. i have been laying track as time permits. this morning i completed laying the majority of the line and started testing through trains from point A to Point B. i found two problems pop up. while approaching a yard the train was directed to run through a yard before arriving at the station. upon clearing the station it then sends the train wrong road to the next station where it promptly reverts back to the correct line. i checked the line for breaks or problems and found none and the train when manually driven drives over the bypassed section of mainline without any problems or derailments. i have checked the levers in surveyor and they are all set to direct all rail traffic via the correct mainline. i have relaid the tracks i have remade the junctions and i still get the same problem.

any one got any ideas or suggestions ?

What I had todo with my yard was enable the option path. Right now my yard is 18 tracks wide so my trains where getting confused even when using the drive via comand. So each track now has it's own path comand. and once the train gets to the head of the yard using the Drive via command. It then gets the use path command to goto the correct area in the train yard. This works well since there are about 3 trains entering or leaving or dis/reconnecting in the yard and it can get confusing to the AI.

One thing to note I only have the path command set for entering the train yard and they seem able to get out just fine with the drive via command.

I would also like to Learn more about Path Rule.
Ive played about with it but cant make much of it .

Andrew

By the sound of it the addition of yellow track direction markers in surveyor should alleviate the problem between the stations, try one on each side of the twin track between the stations or one between the two switches (crossover) at the yard exit
Although not ideal, with the yard, a named red marker on the bypass should work ok if you use the drive via command
Bob V

Ghostryder , you don"t say whether the problem occurs when using AI or driving manually.Trainz AI will always try to use the shortest route from A to B unless you prevent it from doing so and tell it what route it >must< use.If the Yard is the shortest route it"ll use it.If the main line has no signals or incorrectly signalled it will say "the line ahead is unsignalled" and refuse to move.If the line ends with no Bufferstops it will say "the line terminates or is closed".Click on the last Signal before the yard and you may recieve one of these messages.If you don"t want AI trains to drive into the yard its simply a matter of placing a yellow Track Direction Marker facing the Driver at the throat of the yard.Otherwise place a Red Marker on the Main Line and tell the Driver to "Drive Via (Marker Name)"

AI mode. when i drive the train through the area myself it keeps me on the main line. as the line is still under construction and pending possible changes its not signalled yet. this would not have a hand in the problem would it ?

There you are."The line is not signalled yet." If you asked a real train driver to drive a laden train over a completely unsignalled line (with , therefore , no indication of which direction he will take when he reaches a junction!) the reply would be brief and peppered with four letter words. Trainz AI needs MORE information than a real train driver or its reaction wll be the same.

yeah that would be true. but the thing is several of the other stations on the line have yards but the train when in AI mode stays to the mainline, and or does not cross over to the wrong road . its just this section and the two stations. if i signal the line will this problem end or am i gonna have to use the path thingy to guide them through the area?

Like I said, you need to have Signals.If you have less than 3 Signals your AI train will run at only 18 MPH.If it can find a shorter route from A to B than the mainline it will use it , unless you stop it.If your other yards are on a dead straight line, thats probably why they stick to the mainline.If you can post Screenshots do so and let us have a look...:cool:

Back