JR Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris94

Banned
Does anybody know what engine specs are used on Jointed Rails Dash9s and GEVOS? It's quite ridiculous that I'm forced to use eight locomotives just to get and intermodal train up to 70 mph on a level line. While AI can get a 100 car mixed freight up to the same speed with four units; two SD75Is and two SD75Ms. And what's your guys experience with these specs. Do you need less units to pull or what?

What the potato?

4 units is a lot for a 100 mixed freight train. You can get a pretty long intermodal train up to 70mph with just 3 units.

Cheers,
Joshua

the specs are set up using real world values. you do not specify how heavy said train is, but to get it to 70mph it would take some time. those engines top out at that speed.

AI does not have to deal with the same physics restrictions so it is irrelevant.

I have a 137 car loaded coal, at 15,000 tons with four SD45's head end, and 2 more shoving, on a 1.75% grade, and the rails are wet with rain.

Last edited:
Sorry cascade......better call the DS and tell him/her you will be doubling the hill.

Dave :)

You cannot modify World of Trainz locomotives.

Please look over your threads before you post them. The statement was worded as to say you were having trouble with the JointedRail C44-9Ws and ES44DCs. Instead, you were having trouble with the World of Trainz C44-9Ws and ES44DCs. You MUST be clear and specific as to what you are having issues with or want to discuss. You cannot vaguely describe or assume a situation is understandable with only partial information.

Cheers,
Joshua

For one, why are you even using World of Trainz locomotives? They are highly obsolete, prototypically inaccurate as this post says, and they look like model trains with their plastic-like textures.

But look how long ago those were made. One guy did all of that work. Phil didn't have a team like JR, VMD, or RRMODS does. So he had to do all of it on his own. Plus I modified his units without any trouble. The only thing that's not accurate about them is the horn and engine sounds.

But look how long ago those were made. One guy did all of that work. Phil didn't have a team like JR, VMD, or RRMODS does. So he had to do all of it on his own. Plus I modified his units without any trouble. The only thing that's not accurate about them is the horn and engine sounds.
What does any of this have to do with JR?

On a gradient possibly they would run into trouble... but on level ground the train would be able to get the consist rolling ... and once it gets kenetic energy of a hunderd railcars, all roiling along, like runaway radio flyer wagons, two SD45's could possibly handle the consist on flat level track.

But look how long ago those were made. One guy did all of that work. Phil didn't have a team like JR, VMD, or RRMODS does. So he had to do all of it on his own.

what makes you think there is any difference? we might provide helpful support and testing to each other, but just because there is a collection of us does not mean the work is any less significant. in fact i would argue that we work harder and produce much nicer content because of this.

The only thing that's not accurate about them is the horn and engine sounds.

this is highly arguable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back