JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

Why would you update JUST the cabs? Update the locomotives first, THEN the cabs. Pretty stupid business decision honestly.

what do you want to see happen with the SD70M's and MAC's, reskins or repaint or a total makeover?
I would like to see a makeover of the models, of course, I understand that sort of thing takes a lot of time and effort to do so I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon. I would expect the JR team has bigger fish to fry at the moment anyway.

Because it would seem that with these new SD24's JR has either made newer cab elements or updated the old ones.
The two cabs are completely different. The original author of the GP7/9 cabs is Wearsprada, while AMM4425 made the SD24 cab. They look similar as they are from the same manufacturer in real life but are likely modeled differently to Wearsprada’s Geeps.

The two cabs are completely different. The original author of the GP7/9 cabs is Wearsprada, while AMM4425 made the SD24 cab. They look similar as they are from the same manufacturer in real life but are likely modeled differently to Wearsprada’s Geeps.
But what I’m saying is that it means that AMM is making these cabs for locomotives that are part of the same generation of EMD’s such as the GP9/7. Same control stands and such. So I wondered if this meant JR would have a new cab for those units.

But what I’m saying is that it means that AMM is making these cabs for locomotives that are part of the same generation of EMD’s such as the GP9/7. Same control stands and such. So I wondered if this meant JR would have a new cab for those units.
It would make no sense to update just the cabs. They should focus on updating the locomotive first before updating the cab shell.

Lol, it's great that you think that, but others are entitled to their opinion. They should focus on updating the cabs first.
Imagine, if you will, a car company updating the interior of their cars every year starting the year 2000, but not updating the engine, transmission, body style, safety features, built-in software, collision ratings, etc. That car would NOT be worth it to anyone because it'd be using the same tech, body, software, safety features, engine, transmission, etc. as a car from the early 2000s, and therefore would not be a wise purchase, not to mention it's literally unsafe to drive and probably costs more to maintain than a brand-new car. Who would buy a car listed as a 2023 model with a brand new interior, but with internals that are 23 years out of date?

If JointedRail were to specifically update ONLY the cabs of their GP7/9/18, likely nobody would buy them. Very few Trainzers actually spend meaningful amounts of time driving trains in the cab view, and just about everyone wants an upgrade of the model itself. In fact, custom cabs are the least of my concern when purchasing a new model. If I saw they updated the cab (but not the locomotive itself), I wouldn't buy it. When JR upgrades or updates a model, the cab is updated along with it.

Even then, the model and cab on the GP7/9/18 is still perfectly fine. It looks just as good as it did when it was first introduced, and is one of the best cabs made for Trainz, as per JointedRail quality.

All to say, have fun spending $14.99 on a seven year old model with a slightly better cab :ROFLMAO:

Imagine, if you will, a car company updating the interior of their cars every year starting the year 2000, but not updating the engine, transmission, body style, safety features, built-in software, collision ratings, etc. That car would NOT be worth it to anyone because it'd be using the same tech, body, software, safety features, engine, transmission, etc. as a car from the early 2000s, and therefore would not be a wise purchase, not to mention it's literally unsafe to drive and probably costs more to maintain than a brand-new car. Who would buy a car listed as a 2023 model with a brand new interior, but with internals that are 23 years out of date?

If JointedRail were to specifically update ONLY the cabs of their GP7/9/18, likely nobody would buy them. Very few Trainzers actually spend meaningful amounts of time driving trains in the cab view, and just about everyone wants an upgrade of the model itself. In fact, custom cabs are the least of my concern when purchasing a new model. If I saw they updated the cab (but not the locomotive itself), I wouldn't buy it. When JR upgrades or updates a model, the cab is updated along with it.

Even then, the model and cab on the GP7/9/18 is still perfectly fine. It looks just as good as it did when it was first introduced, and is one of the best cabs made for Trainz, as per JointedRail quality.

All to say, have fun spending $14.99 on a seven year old model with a slightly better cab :ROFLMAO:
We are talking about a simulator/game, not a vehicle. What I am saying is if I had a choice between the cab and model being updated, I would rather have the cab. I also think the model needs to be updated as well.

amm4425_6546e77c6fab1.png
amm4425_6546e77fd79de.png
amm4425_6546e78eb49f4.png

It would make no sense to update just the cabs. They should focus on updating the locomotive first before updating the cab shell.
I’m suggesting that there might be a new cab for the GP9 because SD24’s belong to the same general generation of EMD diesels. I’m saying that it looks like they’re making a new 1st gen EMD cab that could very easily (or with no effort) could be adapted for the GP9’s or just published as an update under the dependency section of JR’s site.

Depending on the GP9 phase, it could have a drum controller and a 24 brake stand. The SD24 interior shots show a newer cash register style controller along with a 26 brake valve. Also, the electrical cabinet bumps out from the back cab wall. Late phase III GP9's would be closest to this cab arrangement less the electrical cabinet bump out. Phase II GP9's could go either way. GP7's were primarily drum controllers and 24 brake valves, unless rebuilt by the railroad to later AAR style control stands with 26 brakes.

Back