John Bull

alex92

Banned
I have a suggestion, why not make the John Bull with a custom cab which is accurate to the John Bull, and have a swinging bell animation for the pantograph function. Also, make it in two variations, the original that is at the Smithsonian and the replica at the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum.

An excellent suggestion. Are you going to use GMAX, Blender or 3DS for this?

I'm looking forward to seeing your completed model.

Cheerio John

Is it me, or did alex92 say he wanted someone else to build the John Bull, cause I'm pretty sure he wants someone other than himself to make it
(Please correct me if I am wrong alex92).

Robby :wave:

Is it me, or did alex92 say he wanted someone else to build the John Bull, cause I'm pretty sure he wants someone other than himself to make it

Your right. I hope Alex92 gets his request.

I thought he simply said it was a good idea without mentioning whom was to build it.

It actually takes a fair bit of effort to make a loco with a custom cab. Some can take 18 months or so, it isn't a trivial undertaking. The recent Russian electric loco is an example.

What Paul and I were suggesting is he puts in some effort into this. I can come up with locos I'd like to see but building them is something else.

I have found in the past that one or two creators that are happy to create locos, one actually built a number of steam locos for me when I supplied the plans. Unfortunately he died recently.

We need more creators especially ones who have the patience to build a custom cab.

Cheerio John

I agree with you statement there John, we do need more content creators here. We do have a lot of fantastic content creators already, but not too many have them have the time and patience to build something and add custom stuff to it. I really do hope someone here can build the John Bull. :D

I can't use Gmax. My computer doesn't like blender or Gmax.
Now I don't believe that. Blender will run on just about anything, even Macs or Linux boxes. GMax is also pretty easy on hardware, it will even run well under Vista if you set it up properly.

Canvas Pro costs about 70 bucks if you want to export to Trainz, so that's not really an option (compared to Blender or GMax).

There are far too many posts lately from people wanting new models without at least offering to do some of the work themselves. A post saying that such and such a loco would be nice and mentioning that they have plans or photos (especially of the cab) is far more likely to get a response.

Paul

Last edited:
Back