JK Points, Crossings, JK Junction wire.

Hello friends,

I have an old British route called "BR Midlands Fantasy". (By the way, I am using Trainz 2004). Off and on, for years now, I have attempted to find unknown parts for some JK Points or JK Crossings, or Crossovers.

The creator of the route, (Nawlins) used some JK Junction Wire (blue) on some parts of the track. What is missing is the items that go underneath the blue wire. I have found one such item in the route which is called JK Point 06-XX Crossing. (it is a scenery item). It goes under the blue wire and makes the track more realistic.

These points and crossovers are at Hilton Yard XOE 1, and XOE 2, and also at Hilton Yard Head shunt. Also more noticeable at the big Derby Station XOE3 and 4. These are points that also use the UK Junction wire (blue) which I have there.

I have used Trainz Objectz, trying to find the missing KUIDS, but I seem to have everything.

These items are very hard to find on the DLS. I would like to find them before I grow old and die! (if I die, please tell my friends that it was the stress of looking for these dependencies that killed me)!

I asked on the British Trainz forum and got zero response. I know that I can replace the blue wire tracks with regular stock Trainz track (and have done it at one crossover just as an experiment).

If anyone has familiarity with this blue wire system of JK tracks, could you tell me? Or generally the type of names used for these scenery items under the wire tracks? If not, no problem.:eek:

Thanks, Bob P.

Information on the Junction Kit is available HERE. When downloading from the DLS, make sure You get versions compatiblw with Your Trainz version.

Peter

Hello back to you Peter,

I went to the AJ Smith site and followed Andi's links to his tracks on the DLS. I Downloaded them one by one by FTP. I should have known that what is missing are not tracks! The blue wire tracks are already on the route.

And they are "wired", as I read somewhere. (Meaning that they can be switched and there are no derailments).

The how-to PDF help files at AJS are really way over my head.

I very seldom ask for help about Trainz anymore. I have learned that driving Trainz and having enjoyment, is about equally balanced with figuring out problems.

I have been uninstalling routes with too many problems, and using the most complete and interesting routes that let me drive without worries.

I really was expecting that someone would still have that route (considering it had been downloaded 16,818 times) and just wanted someone to do me a favor and go to the locations I mentioned and grab the names of the scenery under the track.

Time to give up on BR Midlands Fantasy and delete it!

Thanks for your reply all the way from Germany? Best wishes to you! Robert P.

Back