Japan

More trains from Honshu to Hokkaido (Sinnoh)

I was busy yesterday working on this route. I got more done in a single day unlike reworking preexisting routes for the mega route I am working on. I mostly used Kenichiro's content to see how far I could get in developing a small town. Here's some screens.

iAkLmru.jpg

9ZGc3Ki.jpg

2D4vVtn.jpg

N4D9KME.jpg

jI9KSRy.jpg

9YUfEzW.jpg

TRAx5tW.jpg

TgReyTp.jpg

Meanwhile on my northernmost route, I have been slaving away reworking Sakogawa so that you can run Kenichiro's content that is standard gauge and still run equipment that is 3'6".
(left to Right)
Series 485 Limited Express, Mixed Canadian with BN E9a units, KiHa 141, & Tokyo Metro 5000
KhQe3MI.jpg

I am working on the terminal zone so that you can run trains at a minimum of 50kph on the terminal approach.
zI1gvRp.jpg

More screens to come.

those are some really nice pics marinemania!! There is a nice early dawn setting to them. Hey how did you get the limited express to work on trainz 12? I thought Kenichiro"s trains wouldn't work on twelve.
As for me, I paid a visit to the electro island route and decided to check out the new NG lines and boy are there alot!! So I split my little photo op into two parts with this one being the first part. I used Hirochi's commuter cars for a test run. Wasn't sure I made the train up right but it worked.. I found a few freight yards along the way and a ton of branch lines yet to be explored. The only thing I found and kinda fixed myself was that at some major junctions, ther were no signals so I placed some of the JR signals there. I kinda wish Keimei had updated the Galaxy expess train and the more modern commuter cars with the updated engine sounds because they are the only ones that sound horrible. the classic commuter trains engine sounds have been fixed but the cab view hasn't. Anyway enjoy the first part of my EI-JR lines pictorial. :)
1ec77b231b39e5e8ec87cfd645bfe6af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kenichiro's Content and Central Honshu

I have noticed that the koki 104 container flat, DD51, EF66, kuha 111, moha 112, 113, Shinkansen Series 700 (not the one made by hirochi) and limited express series 485 <1> do not properly work. However the the taki 1100 tank car and remainder of the Limited express rolling stock still works. I'm running TS12 SP1, I do however so oddities in Keimei's content that has animations' occasionally getting brighter and then darker randomly when panning around.

More pictures from my route Central Honshu I think I will make this a five station route that you can run the Tokyo Subway rolling stock on and still have interactivity. I am featuring the Tokyo Metro 5000
Kenichiro's buildings still have lights that make them look great, you should see them at night.
SKvrOxY.jpg

More on the Refinery
bWZg1AI.jpg

Station parking lot
kBrL7QO.jpg

Crossing with ATLS, I think it is more productive to have the ATLS set up when constructing the route rather than being set for a session unless when there are going to be unique train operations.
sxPbQqV.jpg

Earlier that morning
vPTpTix.jpg

A couple rounds at the driving range anyone?
lDdNcre.jpg

Another morning screen the rest are going to be at night.
AczBsbN.jpg

At night the sound of an rumbling approaching train breaks the peace.
yaGZkJv.jpg

AmYnQ6C.jpg

kNk03Jz.jpg

I am going to talk to Andi shortly about the possibility of hosting this route on his freeware section of his website.

Andi, wouldn't those green bridges cause derailments (in real life)? They appear to be a much wider gauge than the lead-in rails.

Bill

bridges

Andi, wouldn't those green bridges cause derailments (in real life)? They appear to be a much wider gauge than the lead-in rails.

Bill

Those bridges are standard gauge because they were made for trainz 2004 by kenichiro.

Andi the E257 look great by the way.

Last edited:
That E257 looks pretty sweet Andi, but those standard gauged green bridges look so out of place on your layout. Then again, there aren't many NG Jr bridges at all for Trainz12....

Well I'm really gonna have to straighten out those hairpin turns on my Bullet train route in order to get the maximum speed out of That speed demon!! Great job Hirochi!!

Bill if you could fire up your copy of TS2009 I could show you how to change the track so that it uses cape gauge. I tried to change it myself but the file is built into to TS12 and it doesn't help because the .tga file were replaced with texture files that make it difficult to modify.

Bryan

Thanks, Bryan. What I did with the bridges was to just run my normal track across it and NOT connect the bridge. That way, the SG rails looked like guard rails (even though they were on the wrong side of the NG track). They looked fine and only a celebrated picker of nits would see it. No modifications were necessary.

EDIT: TRS2009 is long gone from my system.

Bill

Back