Japan

As promised the follow up of the Colden Landbridge Story as introduced in post #1585 and #1620. In Electro Island V 2.0. A connection of bridges and Tunnels will connect the mainland of the Icarus Coast in the East with Electro Island in the West. The Colden Shinkansen runs on a double deck bridge and then into a deep undersea tunnel. After passing a service Island it runs via another long undersea tunnel before emerging on the surface. It then runs via a flat bridge to Colden.

Today I show a bit from the East side (Shin Hanyo Side) of the project.

First an overview of Electro Island in relation to the Icarus Coast in the East. You can see the Landbridge in the south.

LB0.png

Second pic is an overview of the Landbridge project itself including the Colden Shinkansen and the Icarus Shinkansen

LB01.png

Then a pic of the largest bridge on the map. The impressive Colden Landbridge East.

CL08.png

A view of the East side of the Landbrige East.

CL06.png

JR500 enters Landbridge East.

CL07.png

Last edited:
I also show some more of Shin Hanyo and Shin Hanyo Depot.

CL0.png

Pic 2 Shows The Icarus Shinkansen with the Colden Shinkansen Depot @ Shin Hanyo

CL02.png

Shinkansen Action just Northwest of Shin Hanyo Shinkansen Station. In pic are the JR500, N700 on the Colden Shinkansen and a E5 on the Icarus Shinkansen.

CL03.png

The 2 lines just after Shin Hanyo Station:

CL04.png

Another one of the Landbridge East Entry.

CL05.png

Whoa.....

Now that's quite something pagroove! :D

Small question, is the Landbridge you're using one single spline or is it a mixture of several objects?

I remember seeing something similar a while back, can't remember who made it though :hehe:

Cheers,

Johan :)

Thanks all.

@N33:

The Landbridge is a mixture of different objects. It is a suspension bridge. Then a concrete slab of 20 m width over the lower levels. This suspension bridge was suitable for that. Then raised track, caternary and fences manually and aligned them manually which took about a whole afternoon but it was worth it. Then making the entrances took another whole afternoon (maybe longer). :).

The difference with previous things I made was that I planned this whole project in advance. The map was drawn first in Photoshop and then the project started to make it in trains. I found out that it helps to fantasize a larger geofiction world so that you have some fictional destinations to reach and it is also easier to track your progress.

^Snip^
The Landbridge is a mixture of different objects. It is a suspension bridge. Then a concrete slab of 20 m width over the lower levels. This suspension bridge was suitable for that. Then raised track, caternary and fences manually and aligned them manually which took about a whole afternoon but it was worth it. Then making the entrances took another whole afternoon (maybe longer). :).
^Snip^

Had a feeling it was a mixture of objects, thanks for clarifying :)

That's the issue with making things from bits, It takes ages to get everything aligned :hehe:

^Snip^
The map was drawn first in Photoshop and then the project started to make it in trains. I found out that it helps to fantasize a larger geofiction world so that you have some fictional destinations to reach and it is also easier to track your progress.
^Snip^

I should start doing that, might help with actually making the layout and knowing what I'm going to be doing instead of going in blind :) Maybe then I'll actually be able to finish this route I'm working on :eek::hehe:

Cheers,

Johan:Y:

wow. nice pics gang. That landbridge is pretty awesome. and you made it form various objects? must've been hard work. I remember there was a double deck road rail bridge somewhere on the DS but It may be gone now. Also thanks for finding the new sounds for the 213. Im still trying to see if i can get that kiha to work. The pics below show what happened when I opened the content editor (granted this is my first time trying to edit anything using it and I worry that I might screw up the game somehow so I need your help a bit on this.) I want to try hirochi's solution. (BTW nice touch to the new train with the revolving seats)
As for my little route I'm currently replacing track for the Sanito Loop line. I'm using TRW equipment for testing right now. And finally one little pic of the kiha japan route. a great "starter" set if you're looking for a Japan type route.
I hope we get to see some video tours of your new routes and a drive over the new landbridge. Take care everyone!!
c19cec60c7fe9b83ae6e522fec2bf147.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Pagroove: looks great, am looking forward to the extension.

Railshuttle: I have them as build-in: <kuid:-25:60> is Gen RC4 and <kuid2:523:100432:1> is redhen both from auran.

I notice you have content manager v3.6 while I have v3.7 so you have an older version of ts12.
I think these are installed with servicepack 1 or the small patch, you can find them here http://www.auran.com/servicepacks/.

Now I warn you already the servicepack will fix objects + adding objects but it also creates more errors to other objects which never had them (no thumbnail is very common).

Version 61388 works well enough for me (main error I notice is automatically full database repair which sometimes happens and takes an few hours.)
Before you do install the servicepack you can better make an backup of the entire trainz folder so if it isn't to your liking you can put it back.
And installing the servicepack will take an few hours so better to let the pc run trough the night when you install it.

I had tried to install the service pack before and for some reason it failed and wrecked my game. I had to re-install it and I was really pissed because I had made some progress on restoring my SIRL system and had to start all over from scratch!! So I decided to keep my current version Sadly, I've decided to delete the kiha 141 from my roster. Guess that will be the one that got away :( .

SHINKANSEN BRIDGE

WOW! Yes. I like what I see. A new variation on Shinkansen track. Much welclome.

This one looks more modern and more suitable like modeling a more modern Shinkansen like the Kyushu. It will we a great addition to replace some (not all) of the older tracks with this. Are also new tunnels/river bridges planned? Anyway I'm very thankful to the talented people that make content so that we can make our routes more realistic.:)

@ Railshuttle. Nice pic of the Steamlocomotive. I am driving with steamlocs also on my extended NG network. BTW the Tunnel north of To Shin is utilized in the network now.

pagroove: cool! I like watching the steam locomotives drive around the kiha japan layout alot. It should be a blast to see then travel on your updated elector island layout. BTW, there was a large land mass to the far right of the island. will that be used or somehow get connected via sea tunnel?
Hirochi: nice update to the Shinkansen Bridge there!! Can't wait to download it!!

:'( I have some sad news. Due to an error I've lost a few days or more progress on my route. Don't worry. The Landbridge and the new updates on Electro Island 2.0. are not entirely gone.
I had some backups but I have now a weird height problem. If someone have suggestions then please reply in this thread.

The Landbridge in standalone form is fine. It is only the 'after merge' version that is affected. Still some days of work lost :(.

Edited to add the link under the word 'this'.

Last edited:
:'( I have some sad news. Due to an error I've lost a few days or more progress on my route. Don't worry. The Landbridge and the new updates on Electro Island 2.0. are not entirely gone.
I had some backups but I have now a weird height problem. If someone have suggestions then please reply in this thread.

The Landbridge in standalone form is fine. It is only the 'after merge' version that is affected. Still some days of work lost :(.

Edited to add the link under the word 'this'.

Update: Thanks to this great forum I managed to bring the layout back. It was boring and long work but in the end I think the new merged version is better optimized. So back on track. And I did not lose 2 days of work luckily in the end. :)

pagroov: wow glad you were able to get your layout back on track, I know how agonizing it can be to loose work on a large layout and have to start over form scratch. Also glad you were able to extend the NG tracks past the tunnel north of Shin, So now those poor villagers finally have a way to get to the city LOL!!
Hirochi: what can I say? just when you wow us all with the new Shinkansen tracks,you add to the wow factor new tunnels and bridges?!! fantastic work!! Now if only we can get some grade level railroad crossings JR style for both standard and narrow gauged tracks..
Hey, that red locomotive pulling the blue overnight train in the second pic. what engine is that? I've never seen it before.

Last edited:
Back