iTrainz and iChat servers are down...

TheGameMelon

I disconnected to attempt to install hotfix 4 (which failed but I don't want to fuss about that) Then I start trainz back up and then it says "Unable to connect to iTrainz server" So is there maintenance or what is going on? I told my friends I would be back... :(

The failed patch is something to fuss about - you need to reinstall and re-patch the game.

You can save any downloaded content by copying the UserData folder from your Trainz installation directory to a different location. Then you can reinstall and re-patch the game, and then move the UserData folder back.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Kieran.

Last edited:
instead of reinstalling and patching, why not just download the latest installers, it will not need a patch then. 61388 build is the latest installer

Because I didn't know if I had it or not and my game was bugging out. (trains closer than they were, One train had 2 separated sections on other tracks,etc.)

To check what version you have, look on the bottom-right of the Launcher menu for a number. This is the build-number. My TS2010's build number is 49933, for example.

This will tell you whether you need to patch or not.

Having the Steam version, you should not need any manual patches.

Kieran.

Back