Isn't it time now to let us Steam people in on early access?

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
I have been with Trainz for many years now and the gap between releases and availability on Steam has never been this great before.

Isn't it time now for all of us Steam users to be given availability to early access too?

Steam has a long history of being very friendly to early access games so I don't under the N3V delay here. Steam also has a great updating mechanism to ensure releases are kept current, which is one of the major reasons I now only buy games through Steam.

From a pragmatic standpoint you are missing out on an important early revenue stream here, unless the intent is to force us to purchase a subscription. While I will purchase the game at the higher price for this release, I have no intention of ever purchasing a subscription for a game of any kind. Why not? I am a developer, not an operator, so see little benefit to myself in a subscription, and I already have a life time FCT.

Please consider releasing early access on Steam soon.

Bob

It’s part of our plan to get onto Steam as soon as we can. There’s still some code updates required plus the store/DLC setup for a couple of hundred items. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

It’s part of our plan to get onto Steam as soon as we can. There’s still some code updates required plus the store/DLC setup for a couple of hundred items. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

Tony: Thank you for the reply. FYI I intend to upgrade/convert all 14 of my high quality routes and all 1500+ content items to TRS2019 standards to include all the bells and whistles your new release allows. The routes will be done under new KUIDS to allow the existing TRS2012 and T:ANE versions to continue on for those not choosing to upgrade to TRS2019.

Bob

The routes will be done under new KUIDS to allow the existing TRS2012 and T:ANE versions to continue on for those not choosing to upgrade to TRS2019.

Bob
Hi Bob. Good to hear you'll be updating everything. FYI, you won't need to change KUIDs. The 4.6 trainzbuild version will show as "Not compatible" in TANE and only the highest compatible version will be available to download in the older versions.

Back