Is this voucher invitation geniune?

Red_Rattler

Since 09 May 2003
Using a program that previews emails before they are downloaded, I have just recieved an invitation with the email address vouchers with the correct domain name of auran.com.

I am suspicious because the preview doesn't state what member, and that their is no indication in my private message box. Edit: Another reason I'm suspicious is that the program previewing the email came up as "blacklisted", when normally it doesn't with the auran.com domain name.

Is this a geniune invitation, or maybe junk mail?

Last edited:
If you wish to give away a voucher you can set it up in your profile to give it to a random member, so that may be what has happened. It should show in your profile anyway (I think).

Craig
:):):)

No, not in my profile either

Nope, nothing in my profile, or anywhere (of what I can find) about an invitation.

PS: By the way, what are these vouchers anyway? I saw something about them, but didn't have a really good read.

Last edited:
Using a program that previews emails before they are downloaded, I have just recieved an invitation with the email address vouchers with the correct domain name of auran.com.

I am suspicious because the preview doesn't state what member, and that their is no indication in my private message box. Edit: Another reason I'm suspicious is that the program previewing the email came up as "blacklisted", when normally it doesn't with the auran.com domain name.

Is this a geniune invitation, or maybe junk mail?

I would suggest that somebody in the know check this out, as i am in a similar position to that of Red_Rattler. I received an email purportingto be from Auran, with a similar voucher offer, again from an unidentified member, and there is nothing in my PM inbox or user profile that i can see to indicate who it is from.

I would suggest that until these offers are verified as being genuine, that users exercise caution in opening such e-mails.

Matt.

PAGING AN ADMINISTRATOR, MODERATOR or OFFICIAL AURAN TEAM ASAP

Paging administrator, moderator or Auran team member - please.

I think it would be best if either an administrator, moderator, or Auran team member replied.

A genuine one must have come from vouchers@auran.com and look like this:

(This is an example one)

Dear <username>,
A Planet Auran member has sent you one of their Vouchers as a Random gift.
<voucher details>
You can accept this gift in the Voucher section of your Planet Auran profile <voucher link>
The Voucher is assigned to your profile <username>, although this Voucher can be claimed by an alternative profile using the below code.
<voucher code>
Claim Voucher at <voucher claim link>
If you have any issues, please contact our Helpdesk
<helpdesk link>
Auran
www.auran.com

Also, the voucher must also appear in the Profile. If it does not, then it is not genuine.

<username> is the Auran member's username.
<voucher code> is the actual voucher code>
<voucher details> is the details of the voucher - for me, it was a 20% off voucher.

I am not one of the higher-up people, but I do know what a genuine email looks like.
Shane

No where does it appear in my profile, and here is the preview. Of course I happened opened it at the moment. Perhaps the unnecessary use of capitals may suggest it is a fake, and wouldn't whoever sent it know that I already have TS2010?

Dear my username

A Planet Auran member has sent you one of their Vouchers as a Random gift.

20% Discount Voucher
Trainz Simulator 2010: Engineers Edition
Expires: 31st October 2010
(Voucher can be used with the Digital or Boxed version of the product)

You can accept this gift in the Voucher section of your Planet Auran profile (link with words voucher list).

The Voucher is assigned to your profile Red_Rattler, although this Voucher can be claimed by an alternative profile using the below code.

Voucher Code: VT******-****-*****

Claim Voucher at

If you have any issues, please contact our Helpdesk (http://support.auran.com)

Auran
www.auran.com

Last edited:
That look quite genuine Red, but I am not too sure.

Either way I would suggest you remove the link to claim the voucher from your post, someone else may take it :hehe:

Craig

Okay found out it is geniune. Had to go via that page on here called a "so called" download station.

Let's see TS2010EE voucher offer: RRP = $A49.95. 20% discount = $A39.96 with voucher. $9.99 off!

Put this way. Almost 44% off RRP.

PS: So their Auran! :p :p

Last edited:
The example I posted is from a genuine email - it's actually from one I received, minus the voucher links and username details. (I have found that it does not always appear in the profile unless you use the link, although it should appear under 'Vouchers'

Also, if it's anything like mine was, it is a Random gift, which basically means that the member who used the Distribute Voucher option did not specify a specific member for it to go to.

Shane

ST12, as can be seen by my previous post (& better discount!), it's now fixed up, but I do think they should have the username of who they come from.

Oh by the way, Auran only offering 20% off! :p :hehe:

I know of another person who got one and as you did not know who to "thank", it actually was something he could use and he now has 2010 (and almost installed on a new computer :hehe:).

Craig

Well, appears that the voucher is indeed genuine. It shows up in my Planet Auran profile, so i am assuming it's real. Should've looked there, as well, before i hit the panic button.:eek::eek:

Matt.

Last edited:
Back