Is there a way to move Thousands of Trees back into my route layer?

jjeff1955

Is there a way to move Thousands of trees back into my route layer?

Some how they all got installed on my Map in another layer that was made for hiding the Drivable Track for the Roads & Highways.

If not, then the layer system has Compromised my Map.:(
I spent hours of installing Trees while it was in the wrong layer.
I do not understand why they got into the Road track layer in the first place as i had the route layer selected.:eek:

I do not want to move the Drivable Road track back in into the Route Layer.
Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping that there are Layer tools that will just move the Trees only.
Thank you in advance for a solution.
jjeff1955

Last edited:
SHould be possible using "Bulk asset update/replace". There is an option to move a given percentage (0 to 100) of the selected assets to another layer.

Peter

G'day JJeff,

If you go to "Bulk Assets Update / replace", select all the different types of trees you want to move (just select one of each type to get it on the list), then there's an option to "Randomly move X% of objects to layer". Set the slider to 100% and select the layer you want them to go to and then "Begin".

This should do it.

To help me visualise that I have got al the assets I want, I usually hide the target layer (in your case, Route Layer) then, when you make the change, all the trees should also disappear, showing you any you may have missed.

Alternatively, you could create a new layer, hide that, move all the trees to that layer, then merge it with the route layer if still needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

Ahh, Peter beat me to it (and much more concise too ;) ).

Last edited:
UPDATE! I found it, THANKS to your absolutely great Awesome Help!:wave:
Thank You so very much for your replies and Help!:D:D:D:D
It did work and it did it fast, my Map is back to good again! Thank You!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Back