Is it possible to copy my content library from 19 to 22?

jonwray

Is it possible to move my rather large library of content from TRS19 to TRS22 (both platinum)? Just received the latter for Christmas, but was hoping to not have to reinstall everything.

You can do that easily.

Install TRS22 as normal.
Install all DLC.

After everything is installed, copy the Local and Original from your TRS19 data folder to TRS22 data folder.

Run a database repair and everything should be there.

You can do that easily.

Install TRS22 as normal.
Install all DLC.

After everything is installed, copy the Local and Original from your TRS19 data folder to TRS22 data folder.

Sweet, thanks, glad to know it's that easy :)

New issue seems to have arisen - when downloading all the DLC, TRS22 decided, in its infinite wisdom, to install it onto my main SSD, not the external SSD I was trying to install the entire game onto. Is there a way to change the location of the user content folder to the other drive?
EDIT: Whoops, missed that setting in the main settings menu...

Yes, for some reason, N3V insists on installing the content on C: even after you pick a different drive. They should have a warning at least, but I don't know why they don't just put it where you want it. Support issues maybe?

You can do that easily.

Install TRS22 as normal.
Install all DLC.

Include the packages folder if you have payware content that you want from TRS19 in TRS22 ;)

You can do that too, but I have found that downloading the package content from the store is better. Things run better afterwards.
That's true, but I have also discovered that some DLCs can appear as steam:xxxxxxx 'xxxxxxx is the unique steam code number' within TRS22 Content Store. Advised do not post or share the steam code number, everyone's number is completely different.

Also note that not all DLCs will appear in TRS22 Content Store from TRS19 DLCs purchased. The only method to obtain it is loading up TRS19 content store double click on the missing DLC from TRS22 Content Store then obtain another unique number in this type of format XXXXXXXXXXXXXX_1234_X you will need to note down the '1234' number and search inside the TRS19 packages folder for that number then copy the 1234.tzarc file into your TRS22 packages folder, the rebuild database.

Done! :)

Well, I don't have the Steam version and anything I had in TRS19 appears to have moved on to Plus without any issues. May be that's the difference. But anyway, I've done this both ways (sounds gross) and the best results for me was to install the DLS first.

Now for the official disclaimer.
Your results may vary. Past performance doesn't always guarantee future results. With anything related to Trainz, what works best for one may not work well for another, or in most instances will work but only if the moon has turned green on a Thursday evening before the sun has completely set on said day.

Yeah, for built-in and payware if you just move it over or make cdp's of it you will get the texture errors and newer files can't be fixed by the pev tool. You need to download the content from the store.

Back