Ipswich Rail Museum "Special Event" Saturday Oct 26

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
This Saturday at the Ipswich Rail Museum, there is a Special Event being hosted by N3V Games for Trainz fans. You will meet the team, hear a full update on our plans and also be invited to give us your feedback.

Send an email to PR at n3vgames.com and we'll arrange a Complimentary Entry Ticket for the day which includes the Model Train Show exhibition.

We look forward to seeing you at the Show.

I did a quick check and I think I pass on this one.
I mean, 16257km one-way is just too much :hehe:.

I hope (and assume) you will post a nice update for those that are not willing to go that extra mile (or 10101 miles in my case) to get this information :p.

I wish I could go, but I too am I'm a bit far away although a bit closer at 9775 miles or 15731 km.

If it was Ipswich, MA USA, I'd only be 15 minutes away. :)

John

39 km to travel should be able to handle that. :D
Hope to see you guys there, ticket request send.

For those interested I did make a layout of the Ipswich Railway Workshop
kuid:97008:1138 and is listed as Ipswich RW Project Map it is a version 2.5
in TS12 it has a warning but no errors.

Cheers,

Bill.

Offtopic side note

For those interested I did make a layout of the Ipswich Railway Workshop
kuid:97008:1138 and is listed as Ipswich RW Project Map it is a version 2.5
in TS12 it has a warning but no errors.
For those who could not find it immediately (like me lol):
Do not set a filter on "category = route" (which I started with) as it is listed as "misc".

@ Willem2:
Without having looked at it yet (downloading as "we speak"): Would you consider making an updated version of this route seeing as the main topic of this meeting in Ipswich will probably be about the present and future of Trainz :)?

Hi Tony (or other N3V Games representitive),

I have a question or two about the entry tickets.

1. Does everybody who sends in an email get one?
2. How will they work on the day? Will there be a special line or some kind of list with names that are ticked off?

I've sent an email to what I hope is the correct address. May I have confirmation that it was received? :)

EDIT: Received the email reply this afternoon; thanks. :)

Thanks in advance,

Kieran.

Last edited:
Hi Tony (or other N3V Games representitive),

I have a question or two about the entry tickets.

1. Does everybody who sends in an email get one?
2. How will they work on the day? Will there be a special line or some kind of list with names that are ticked off?

I've sent an email to what I hope is the correct address. May I have confirmation that it was received? :)

EDIT: Received the email reply this afternoon; thanks. :)

Thanks in advance,

Kieran.

It looks like we have 20 or so people coming along (some must be too shy to post here ;))

If anyone else would like to come along on Saturday, please let us know within the next 24 hours. Thanks

Halfway across the world for me...worth it, but I don't have enough money if I want to get a $3,000 Gibson Les Paul in a few months!

At roughly 10,000 miles, it may be a bit far to travel for me. If you had held it at the Ipswich Transport Museum, Ipswich, Suffolk, I may have been able to attend. :D

Distance is also an issue for me. Will anyone be filming the even for the rest of us?

Yea, we hope to have a video posted this weekend. We will also be releasing a written update (and there will be more to come after this weekend as well...)

Hi Tony and everyone else Thanks for the invite today and the chance to meet you and some of the crew and hear your plans. Great to hear the game is going forward. Sorry I cant do paragraphs or spacing here to make my reply tidy. Great news that you are upgrading the game engine and better that you are going to try to keep the older stuff compatable. So I am going to continue with my modification of Southlines and with the other things I was making. You gave us a lot of stuff to think about so thanks again for inviting us. I hope the video crew heard all you said. ( For those who wernt at the museum, it has interactive? displays, you push a button and start an audio -- no one can read these days -- and we were in a quiet place (provided nobody at the other end of the platform pushed the button). So thanks again for the invitation and looking forward to what is coming next. Tom

Yes, it was a great opportunity and thanks N3V for paying. :)

I agree that the displays were annoying. I think they're sensor-based, at least some of them anyway. Let's hope Tony was heard over the hissing and clanking of a PB15 recording, and the section cars going by.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, and thanks to everyone else who turned up. I had a great day at the show and I hope everyone else did also.

chris

For those who missed the link elsewhere, here is the video we took that day - if you can last through to the end you'll here some good stuff about Kickstarter and the future of Trainz.

Back