invisible tracks

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Not tracks that are meant to be invisible but that have become invisible during editing in Surveyor 121880.

I can see the spline circles but there is no visible track. When I query the area between two circles, the dialog properties box pops up and tells me TANE 1Trk Wood on a specific layer and it is not bound. Other track on the same layer is visible. When I click on the circle to move it, an error message pops up stating: "Vertex missing/unloaded"

What does that mean?
vertex missing-unloaded.JPG

Deleting missing assets seems to have resolved the invisible track issue. Will have to remember to apply this the next time I encounter this.

My conclusion is that there are multiple causes for the same problem. When I've run into that issue, I found that sometimes it's a scenery object or objects that are doing it. I had one particular area on a busy route where the tracks would take forever to load up. I then poked around, after changing tracks, which can also cause the problem, everything pointed to a particular group of factory buildings. After I replaced these nice-looking buildings with something else, the area loaded up very quickly like the rest of the route.

I run delete missing assets often on my routes as I work on them. I found that this helps to clear up weird things that occur and is particularly helpful when merging routes.

Back