Interactive Industry

cbntmn

Ok, i have decided to use Megaroute as my first foray into trying to manage a railroad.

I went through and made a simple map up and a list of all the industries. Some of them are set up as interactive on the route which is obviouse by what they produce or consume. But the majority of the industries, when you click on them, say the industry is "available for use" or something like that but there are no commodities listed.

Is it possible to, in surveyor, to open these industries up for use? There are warehouses, factories, etc. that i would like to have actually work. I would imagine if they are set up to work then they would also produce waybills.

Also is there a place you can find out what industries produce what products without going to each industry and finding out for yourself? is there a list buried somewhere in surveyor? Right now im doing it the old fashioned way, pen and paper.

Thanks in advance for any input.

TRS2004 has a 3rd party utility called TrainzObjectz (TO) which shows what commodities, if any, that each industry handles. When Auran made TRS2006 they created their own builtin utility that has some of the features of TO but not that one. Also, TO is not compatible with TRS2006. So, bottom line is your pen and paper is it.

Bob

put it all on excel this evening. took a couple of hours but i think it will be worth it. I color coded stuff so it will be easy to find and listed industries by town. Should help a lot in learning the layout and where everything is to set up train routes.

Back