InstantLoad in TS2010/TS12

As I understand it, InstantLoad is a driver command that will allow you to load a train when it is emitted from a portal. I have a problem that I cannot see a driver command for InstantLoad, the CM for both TS2010 and TS12 show this command as type script not rule or command. Can anyone explain to me how to convert this script to a driver command that I can use in surveyor? TIA
Steve

PS I have done an extended database repair and I am using admin priv to run :)

When in surveyor go to "Edit Session".

Then click Driver Commands and the edit button

Scroll until you see the "InstantLoad" command make sure there is a check mark by it.

Then you can add it as a driver command.

hert:wave:

Type Script does not appear Driver Commands

Thank you for your quick response. That is the problem I have. I thought that the command should appear in the Driver Commands when you use the add button but there is no instant load command there. I think this is because in the CM it is showing as type "Script" rather than type "Rule" which would allow it to be seen in the list of driver commands. Does anyone else have this problem? If not am I doing something silly. BTW I get the same problem with InstantUnload as well.

Steve

Thank you for that suggestion. In CM I have two InstantLoads, one is by robin_hoods <kuid2:67585:1017:1> which cannot be deleted so I assume that is a built in asset. The second is <kuid2:117290:1017:1> by nzhorse which i can (and have deleted). I went onto the black pages of the DLS as suggested and D/L'd the CDP. I imported the CDP into CM and it still shows up as type "script". I am rapidly running out of ideas as why this happening. Is there some setting somewhere that I have overlooked? I am concerned that I am seeing the built-in asset as a script rather than a driver command. Does anyone else see this in either TS2010 or TS 12 or should I <Gulp> reinstall both?

Steve

Both the commands show as scripts in my CM.
To add the command to a session/route, main menu, edit session, driver commands then edit not add. Both instant loads are there.

First thing is to position your hand in front of your forehead for a "DOH!" slap, when I finally figured this one out I was late on the "how did I miss THAT?" forehead slap.

93159567.jpg

89824256.jpg

Forehead slap again and again and again...

I knew it had to be something simple. Yes the command is already there just unchecked as Sniper and Fran1 sugested. I am sorry to have wasted your time and I thank you for your help. In the back of my mind I knew I was doing something wrong. Thanks all.

P.S. Sniper I think your PON route for MSTS was fanastic. I spent many, many happy hours playing it. I look forward to your new masterpiece for Trainz. Cheers

I love the Instantload command. Too bad it doesn't work too well for the TTX Wellcars.

Maybe someday we'll get a wellcar that WILL Instantload ---One container on top and one on bottom, bar none.

Cheers,

Dave

I love the Instantload command. Too bad it doesn't work too well for the TTX Wellcars.

Maybe someday we'll get a wellcar that WILL Instantload ---One container on top and one on bottom, bar none.

Cheers,

Dave

already did that. if you check the instant load command on the jointedrail site, you will find one that i modified from the original (by nzhorse) that only loads one product per car at random. for wellcars it will load a top and bottom container or just a bottom container, the determination is at random. i cannot guarantee that it works for everyone's wellcars, but it works for the JR offerings and the latest rrmods cars. i 'think' it works for the tpr cars from long ago too, but its been some time since ive messed with those. also if you happened to change the ques for these cars and didnt keep them in the same places the others are, you might get some load problems. i will try to keep this up to date with new cars that come out that i have posession of.

Phil Skene already did the PO&N for Trainz, so I'm doing a city route but added Teleport8's PO&N module as a section cuz I couldn't resist. :cool: Dunno how much of a masterpiece it's gonna be if I can't find or figure out how to make a simple "sleep" script for scenery trains, progress on the route itself has come to a dead stop while I try to learn to sort out C code to eliminate all the door, coupler, brake hose, and FRED light animations I don't need for '50s era US freight cars. :'(

That's what I mean, the only example script I can find is made for British rolling stock and has assorted other stuff I don't need, trying to strip it out results in zillions of errors. Sent an email to Wulf_9, haven't gotten an answer yet - dunno if he's even active anymore. Irritating part is someone obviously saw a need for it 7 years ago, why am I suddenly rediscovering and fighting with the problem now? The program is designed to load and continuously eat clock cycles for every single loose consist car on the route, got a switching route that needs 3000 loose consist cars the CPU is too busy worrying about those to render what's around the player. The scenery train script Wulf_9 invented seven years ago cures the problem for the British cars, why oh why oh why wasn't that incorporated into the program by N3V?

because i dont know if what you are trying to accomplish actually saves any processing. i dont know that there are any real processes going on for a consist of say 4 cars sitting still on a spur somewhere. and even if you do accomplish this, the only way i can think of it being of any real use - i.e. not running a continuous thread for each car in the consist - is to listen for router message events, which STILL have to function on every car on the layout even if it isnt being used. i am not saying this is a bad idea, i just dont know at this point how useful it can be. i am however still intrigued enough by the idea that i wouldnt mind taking a peek at it.

now im kinda going off topic here, but i would recommend that the script be a single script, that every car you add it to can use. it would be a script library that stands alone and performs the operations based on what cars need it. trust me ive been down the road of making a script go in each and every car (or in my case loco). plus if any changes have to be made to it, they dont have to be applied to each and every car. with that out of the way, the script needs to be small and efficient, listening only for events that will trigger what you want, and NOT having each car run a continuous thread - this i would imagine wouldnt do anything for performance, and probably be worse off. maybe we can converse over email about this, and i can get a hold of an asset example that you want to use this on.

PM comin atchya in a few, don't remember if I got your email addy on tap so I'll send you mine. I'll need a couple hours to pack up what I got - believe me, I have thoroughly tested this and positively confirmed that the script makes a dramatic difference with 1000 scripted cars versus 1000 regular cars using the same mesh and physics. Testing with simplified AI train physics don't yield the same kind of results, normal or stripped down has the same exact effect on framerates.

already did that. if you check the instant load command on the jointedrail site, you will find one that i modified from the original (by nzhorse) that only loads one product per car at random. for wellcars it will load a top and bottom container or just a bottom container, the determination is at random. i cannot guarantee that it works for everyone's wellcars, but it works for the JR offerings and the latest rrmods cars. i 'think' it works for the tpr cars from long ago too, but its been some time since ive messed with those. also if you happened to change the ques for these cars and didnt keep them in the same places the others are, you might get some load problems. i will try to keep this up to date with new cars that come out that i have posession of.

Thanks!!! I will definitely use this!

Cheers,

Dave Snow

Back