Installed, Payware (Not Active) What does this mean?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Lilb's 'Green Corona', <KUID2:103021:10102:2>, 'Red Corona', <KUID2:103021:10103:2>, 'Steam White Texture', <KUID2:103021:1972770:1>, and 'White Corona', <KUID2:103021:10100:1> all show 'Installed, Payware (Not Active)'. What does this mean and how do I make it active? It also shows up as dependency for gawpo50's 'C&O 2-6-6-6 (Late)', <KUID2:453099:100502:50> and 'C&O 2-6-6-6 (Early)', <KUID2:453099:100924:50>, which also says 'Installed, Payware (Not Active)'. The H-8's also are dependencies for Auran's 'C&O 2-6-6-6 H8 - New River Mining Coal Run', <KUID2:661281:100035:1>, which also says 'Installed, Payware (Not Active)'. I need at least the coronas to be active as they are dependencies for ussc1798's Union Pacific FEF's, which are showing 'Modified, Missing Dependencies', even though all the other dependencies are installed.

It usually means that you have disabled those assets in CM but whether this is possible by some other means I do not know.

To check this out, right mouse click on one of the disabled assets in CM and select "Enable". If that fixes the problem, then repeat for the others.

It's actually different from the enable/disable system. What it means is that either Trainz is having problems communicating with the DRM/DLC server or the content is relating to something that hasn't been purchased yet.

Shane

It hasn't been purchased yet because if you try to download it in the DLS it says that you cannot through the DLS, what you have to do is to buy it in the TrainzStore

It's actually different from the enable/disable system.

You are, as always, correct. If it had been disabled it would show as "Installed, Disabled, Payware (not active)".

But, if as suggested by MF01, it has not been purchased yet and therefore not installed, why would it show "Installed" in its status?

You are, as always, correct. If it had been disabled it would show as "Installed, Disabled, Payware (not active)".

But, if as suggested by MF01, it has not been purchased yet and therefore not installed, why would it show "Installed" in its status?

The main case where I've known that happen is Deluxe content in a Standard version. It's more likely to be the former rather than the latter though.

Shane

I know it doesn't make sense but sometimes on the DLS there's some DLC that I didn't purchased and it says "installed, payware ( not active)" but most of the time it's "not installed, payware ( not active)", it must be a glitch

Weird isn't:

Last edited:
Well, I've discovered what MIGHT be the root of the problem

For Christmas, my Mom got me the Platinum Edition of TANE, but in order to get it, she had to make her own account. She gave me her username and password and by signing in under her account, the problem was resolved. Therefore, the only way I can solve the problem is to somehow MERGE the two accounts. Is this feasible or is there some other way to solve this problem?

I think that may need a message to the Helpdesk to resolve. Bear in mind that it is now 08:15 Friday 30th December where the Helpdesk is located so you may not get a response until the 2nd January (local time) or a bit after.

I think that may need a message to the Helpdesk to resolve. Bear in mind that it is now 08:15 Friday 30th December where the Helpdesk is located so you may not get a response until the 2nd January (local time) or a bit after.

Well by then I'll be up at my Grammy's (my Mom's Mom) for New Years Eve and New Years Day, so I'll be facing Trainz Withdrawal Syndrome (TWS) while up there.

Well I got the Blue Comet and another one, plus the Niedertalbahn. for free during DLC Giveaways at N3V's Birthday. Only NiedertalBahn is active, while the others are installed, yet not active. Why then? Do they change what to be active and not?

Well I got the Blue Comet and another one, plus the Niedertalbahn. for free during DLC Giveaways at N3V's Birthday. Only NiedertalBahn is active, while the others are installed, yet not active. Why then? Do they change what to be active and not?

This is a login issue and not yours...

You can try editing your username, logging out, then login again, and fix your username.

This will reset the login on the server and hopefully reset the status.

Back