Info or pictures

jameswiggin

Does anyone have some links to closeup photos or know what the various warning/cautions labels look like on the sides of locomotives?

That's a tough order. There's a lot of variations between manufacturers and railroads.

Fire Extinguisher Inside etc. is pretty common, Fuel Shutoff is another. You might try railfan photos or some of the rail spotter blogs or this guy
has some details up close on UP gear. http://mp154trainblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/inside-up-sd70ace.html

When I zoom in on this SD70ACE I can see quite a bit of detail, including stickers, logs, controls. There's a lot more photos for sure.

Still having trouble identifying some of the warning labels found on the engine covers etc. These are just the basic ones you see on a BNSF/UP loco for example. They are red over white or yellow over white. Some of them have been Id'd as Fuel shutoff and Fire Extinguisher. I believe the long red decal on some cabs says "remote control equipped", does this sound right? Any more help would be great. I've went thru a lot of photos with no clear indications. THanks guys!

Back