In need of a yard ... Help!

ish6

Since 2001
Hello

Okay, this is the deal .... working on a layout, and finally I got to where I need to plug in a yard ... since I am not really good in making yards, and there's nothing in the DLS that covers my needs, I am reaching out to you guys for help ...

What I need is a yard, huge enough to handle freight and passenger trainz maintenance, clear up etc) ... However, the track MUST go from North to South or South to North... The yard can be up to 4 boards long, however, this is just a suggestion ... just noting so you know how big it could be ....

I did find good ones at the DLS but those yards go from East to West ... etc

If you know of any huge yard that goes from North to South or South to North please let me know ... If you like to help me out and built one as described full credit will be given and I'll send you screen shots via e-mail of the progressive work. On top of this if you got a request for any content that's feasible to make I'll do that for you as well ....

Thanks in advance for any feedback and help!!
Ishie:) :)

I assume that you're not wanting any terrain or content, just a yard. Any particulars that you could sketch up might be helpful. From your post, it can be up to 4 boards long, but does it matter how many tracks in the yard or at what point east to west the main track exits the boards at the north and south? Also, is there a particular track or switch stands that you want? I'm assuming that you would signal as required

I assume that you're not wanting any terrain or content, just a yard. Any particulars that you could sketch up might be helpful. From your post, it can be up to 4 boards long, but does it matter how many tracks in the yard or at what point east to west the main track exits the boards at the north and south? Also, is there a particular track or switch stands that you want? I'm assuming that you would signal as required

Hello Leeferr

thanks for replying ...

Yes, that's correct ... only the yard ... content is NOT necessary unless you want to put facilities like maintenance, etc, but again it's not required ... And absolutely no terrain at all as this will be painted as the layout progresses ...

As for the tracks ... you are welcome to add as many as you like ... the more the better ... so this part is up to the creator of the yard ...

Do not include any east to west points ... The layout I am currently working on runs only from North to South ... In other words, when it's time to merge the yard to my layout it must merge at a southern section ... this is very important ... Note: all tracks on my layout runs from North to South ...

Standard USA switch, but it does not matter ... i say leave the default ones ... And no signals ... I'll do this later ...

Again, thank you ... If you happened to help me out please let me know ... you can always e-mail directly if you like ... E-mail is attached to my contents ... just download an item directly onto your desktop and open the CDP ...

Again, thank you!!!!
Ish:) :D

I'll see what I can get done and email it to you if that's okay. Anything special that you'd like me to call it. I'll do the best I can, but I'm no expert my any means.

I'll see what I can get done and email it to you if that's okay. Anything special that you'd like me to call it. I'll do the best I can, but I'm no expert my any means.

Jus call it LeeFerr yard ... Don't worry, I am not looking for billion dollar yard .. I will be happy with whatever you do ... as long as the tracks are straight ... I am happy!!

thanks a bunch!!!:D

Could this be something?

It covers an area of 2750 meters
It got 7 long tracks for yard services, two passing tracks and several maintenance tracks.
The yard also holds a rip track and maintenance facilities.
Theres also a turntable.

caddylars

Could this be something?

It covers an area of 2750 meters
It got 7 long tracks for yard services, two passing tracks and several maintenance tracks.
The yard also holds a rip track and maintenance facilities.
Theres also a turntable.

caddylars

Hello Caddy

that's great, as long as the yard cam be merge from a southern point of view ... not going East to west or vice-verse!!! If you like send me the CDP ... I merge it and see how it looks like ...

================

Forgot to mention ... I need more than 1 yard ... this is for phase one of the layout ... So, gentlemen don't be shy to express your yard creations ... please let me know what you got ...

Many thanks
Ish

Last edited:
terrible sorry to intrude ish but holy crap where did you get those buildings in that shot caddylars??!!
i think i know somebody that could help you but im not sure if he would want to do it...ill check with him see what he thinks.

@ caddylars, sorry to be off topic here but it is nice to see my created BP gas station and my Bridgestone tyre dealer put to good use in your pic. Obviously you have very good taste and know a good thing when you see it :D

Unashamed self promotion :D

Off topic mode off, return to topic on hand.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
timido.gif

Hi Guys...
I'm blushing​

I will sort out your questions and issues tomorrow, as it's nearly midnight here up north, and i've got a busy day comming up.
Time to find the bed​

See you all tomorrow.​

Btw ish, i will send it to you when i get home from work. its North to south or the other way.​

caddylars​

Last edited:
ish
I've got your yard done. It's 4 boards long (running N-S) and about 20 tracks wide with some service tracks and caboose tracks. How's the easiest way to get it to you?
Mike

I recommend " Yard Module C" by Muliebuck. It has plenty of space, runs north to south apart from a small eastward triangle. It is Australian signed and signalled but that could be easily changed.

timido.gif

Btw ish, i will send it to you when i get home from work. its North to south or the other way.​

caddylars​

Hello Caddylars

Thanks a bunch ... Definiteldly going to use it ...
Like I said, if you need something done thats feasible, creation-wise, please let me know via e-mail ...

Ish:)

ish
I've got your yard done. It's 4 boards long (running N-S) and about 20 tracks wide with some service tracks and caboose tracks. How's the easiest way to get it to you?
Mike

Hi Mike

Send it via e-mail ...
thanks a whole lot ... I appreciated ...
And like I said, need something doen that's feasible just drop me an e-mail ....

What about track types? Do you want higher poly (detailed) track or lower poly?

Hello

Use standard wooden tracks I prefer but does not really matter ... very low detail since this it's not mandatory ...

thanks for your post and help!!!

I recommend " Yard Module C" by Muliebuck. It has plenty of space, runs north to south apart from a small eastward triangle. It is Australian signed and signalled but that could be easily changed.

Thanks forthe heads-up Mammoth ... I'll look into it...

Back