If if not Bust don't Try and fix it. Thanks Trs22 Completes mess now

Hi Jhdale65
Could you please tell us what issues you are seeing with TRS22? Unfortunately unless you tell us what issues you are seeing, there's not much we can do to help resolve the issues.

Regards
Thankyou for your reply.
I am using Schedule library in a session I enter 3 Al drivers and insert commands to the drivers. all goes well until I then restart again I then get bogus drivers up to 11 with no train allocated the original three drivers are there but the schedule commands have disappeared only the black button with no orders. I also get random freeze up the only way out is by task manager. I also get random crashes to desktop. My computer is more than adequate. Sorry for the spat but after all these years I am beginning to lose interest.

I'm generally finding TRS22 to be fine but I am now having the same experience as above with the Schedule Library. I never had a problem in previous versions of Trainz, but now I set up the Library, allocate the drivers and trains with their commands, place the trains in Edit Session, come out and go to drive the Session. As with the above I find that the drivers and the commands have not transferred to the session. Is there some pitfall in the process now that's easy to miss? Maybe it's something to do with how the session editing is saved?

Nothing but troubles now wish I never spent my money on TRS 22
Unfortunately, progress comes with expense. I am not fond of huge outlays of money and receiving poor outcomes, but it's the nature of the game. And since my first experience with Trainz, there has been steady improvement. Albeit with great frustration.

I have zero issues with the Schedule Library but I create, edit, and use sessions the old-fashioned way. I edit separately, save and run sessions just as we did in TS12 and below. I only use the UDS for untangling drivers or for testing and never for permanent changes. Just for kicks, try the same methods you used in TS12 and ensure you are in fact loading the same session you edited.

I also use the tried and tested edit, save and run methods that have worked since TS12 and have no issues with the Schedule Library. I have however noticed and found annoying an improvement in Content Manager. At the bottom right of the window we have had a progress bar in green in TANE and TS19 but now in TS22 it has been changed to a duplicate activity monitor doing the same function as the rotating black circle. I simply cannot see how that is an improvement and because it was not broke why did it need fixing?

I solved my Schedule Library problems by following a tip to download a Lizkeard to Looe session.
I'm away from the desktop but it updates a file from :9 to :10 then all is plain sailing!

@DennR

Yes, I agree that's annoying. The progressing bar was helpful. The current thing we have in Content Manager may be a bug caused by fixing something else, but I doubt it.

You can't permit some programmer to change anything that they think will look better. With thousands of people using the same indicators and shape for years they become quite concerned when there is a change. N3V needs better management of the programming staff to prevent unapproved changes.

I can speak for myself saying that any change makes me nervous when there is no explanation for the change. The giant compass/cursor in trs2019 is a good example of unsupervised artwork. A change made because it "looked nice".

I seem to recall that there were innumerable complaints and requests to change the original compass and the only vote we realistically get is with our wallets. I like how the compass is now very much simplified in S2.0 and fades when not touched after a few seconds.

Ahhh, the original compass (sorry to go OT but I cannot resist).

I liked the old compass - it had character and it knew where it was going. More importantly, you could tell your NNW from your SSE from a distance. The new compass looks like it escaped from a spaghetti packet. I have to get up close to see which way I am going.

Bring back the old compass!

PS: The old compass was created and submitted by a user, one of us, and not by an N3V programmer.

That comedic flower in TRS19 gets in the way when attempting to do anything in surveyor. Gee whiz the colours are nice though. Never mind that it is an absolute pain. It was installed without any attention to the detrimental effects of its inclusion. Regardless of whether it was a programmer or a user sniffing too many flowers who put it forward.

I also dislike the new compass because it obscures so much of the area we are working on, I made this point at the time in another thread and that was where we seen the comment about 'it looked nice'. If a change that affects the working space for creators is planned I would expect the evaluation to be based of the usability, and practicality, not how pretty it might be. It is that cavalier approach to the game development that makes many of us nervous when we see unnecessary changes that we do not need or expect. In the case of the compass I exercised one useful feature for it and turned it off.

I also dislike the new compass because it obscures so much of the area we are working on, I made this point at the time in another thread and that was where we seen the comment about 'it looked nice'. If a change that affects the working space for creators is planned I would expect the evaluation to be based of the usability, and practicality, not how pretty it might be. It is that cavalier approach to the game development that makes many of us nervous when we see unnecessary changes that we do not need or expect. In the case of the compass I exercised one useful feature for it and turned it off.
Yes, it's great trying to place something precisely with the compass right in the way. The other annoyance is the labels on track objects such as signals. Trying to place gantry signals with the signal label in the way is beyond annoying. This annoyance spills over too on the map view. Instead of an option to show labels separate from showing signals and junctions, we get a white smear of text across the map with every signal and junction labeled. This makes viewing complex trackwork in the maps absolutely impossible.

It's the blazingly bright spline circles with huge shiny arrowheads stuck in the middle of them that I strongly dislike. It's got so it's almost impossible to work on layout building without my eyes streaming with tears and not being able to see what I'm doing. Mention anything about disability to N3V though and the silence is deafening.

vbqYnxx.jpg

It's the blazingly bright spline circles with huge shiny arrowheads stuck in the middle of them that I strongly dislike. It's got so it's almost impossible to work on layout building without my eyes streaming with tears and not being able to see what I'm doing. Mention anything about disability to N3V though and the silence is deafening.
That is where you will notice the difference when using Surveyor 2.0 - no annoying circles and arrowheads.

That is where you will notice the difference when using Surveyor 2.0 - no annoying circles and arrowheads.
Due to the disability I live with I'm unable to use Surveyor 2.0. Unless that is N3V's strategy to make the original Surveyor unpleasant to use to push their customers towards Surveyor 2.0. I can use Surveyor perfectly well in TS12, TANE SP4 and TS2019 SP0, - it's only TRS22 that gives me problems.

Last edited:
Where I do appreciate S2.0 - the slimmed down compass and the absence of the blazing spline circles. I know there are many other benefits from what people are saying about S2.0, which is why I bought TRS22PE so I could keep S2.0 after my Gold subscription ends.

Paul

Back