IBuyPower Custom Gaming PC

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 1070
Western Digital 1TB SATA SSD
These are just thoughts and alternatives:

If it's a desktop it shouldn't be too bad. The desktop GTX 1070 has a 3D score of 13,500 which is respectable. An i3 wouldn't be my favourite CPU but it does depend on what you're trying to run. I might drop an NMVE drive in if you don't have an m2 slot you can get an adapter for a PCI-e slot and it can be moved to a new PC if need be. I was playing and on one layout I was seeing 2% CPU usage but that was with an i9 equivalent CPU so CPU I don't think is that critical.

The GTX 1070 has a TDP of 150 watts, an RTX 4060 has a TDP of 115 watts and a 3d Score of 19,671 which should be enough for any layout. It's an 8th gen processor so it will run win 11. If you aren't running it upgrade to Win 11 it has some performance improvements.

Depending on your power supply and motherboard it might make sense to upgrade the CPU, 32 gigs of RAM is nice to keep.

Also this evening Dell refurbished have one 5820 tower with an RTX4000 in it 3D score 15,390. These things have an excellent power supply and plenty of room to upgrade the GPU if you feel it is necessary in the future.

Cheerio John

Back