I need help with PC specs

neoracer12345

I'm buying a new laptop (my dell inspiron 1520 can't handle HD graphics at all, plus its 3 years old)

I am going to run Trainz09 and 2010 on this computer.
here are the specs tell me if i will have a problem with any part of my system.

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8700 (2.53GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3MB cache)
Memory: 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
Hard Drive: Speed: 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) with Free Fall Sensor
Battery: 85 WHr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
Wire. card: Intel 5300 Ultimate-N Half Mini Card (3x3) with MyWiFi
HD Display: 15.6” High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera
DVD Drive: 8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Sound Opt.: High Definition Audio 2.0
Keyboards: Back-lit Keyboard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also like to know if it is better to go with I5 processor, or Core 2 DUO like in the recomendations.

The graphics card is a potential problem - apart from that, it looks pretty good. I would advise making sure the processor is at least dual-core (Core 2 Duo is dual core, I haven't seen the specs on the i5 yet)

Shane

EDIT: Just checked the i5 specs - there are several versions, some are dual-core and some are quad-core.

Last edited:
The graphics card is a potential problem - apart from that, it looks pretty good. I would advise making sure the processor is at least dual-core (Core 2 Duo is dual core, I haven't seen the specs on the i5 yet)

Shane

EDIT: Just checked the i5 specs - there are several versions, some are dual-core and some are quad-core.

I agree. The video will be the killer here. This is a no-go with Trainz, or anyother 3d-graphics intensive application.

The i5 is an earlier version of the i-series processors, and works quite well in the mobile environment - much better than the atom, which was quite the rage before.

John

Back