I can't use Hybrid Sodor, even on absolute minimum graphics.

truguard

So, I attempted to try using the Hybrid IOS map from Harwick enterprises. With my standard setting configuration, it immediately crashes the game. I lowered everything to shaders only, and it seemed to work fine, up until I tried exploring one of the stations. I turned off shaders and even then, it would still crash after like 15 to 20 seconds.

How should I make it not crash on me or is the route too big & I just need a better computer (or better computer specs)?

IOS versions are not compatible with the PC version of Trainz.
They aren't referencing a mobile (Tablet/Phone) route/map. They're referencing a map where IOS in this case is short for Isle of Sodor, which is a "Thomas and Friends" fan route.

So, I attempted to try using the Hybrid IOS map from Harwick enterprises. With my standard setting configuration, it immediately crashes the game. I lowered everything to shaders only, and it seemed to work fine, up until I tried exploring one of the stations. I turned off shaders and even then, it would still crash after like 15 to 20 seconds.

How should I make it not crash on me or is the route too big & I just need a better computer (or better computer specs)?
Maybe you should ask for help on their discord channel instead of this forum .

And... how would I know that?
Well, the only way I can think of is if the proper style for writing was used by the original poster (OP) by using the full name before using an abbreviation such as Isle of Sodor (IOS). Sadly this is an all too common problem in today's modern world.
But to the question at hand, I think your issue may be related to the fact that many of the Thomas the Tank Engine (TTTE) content is ancient and likely have script errors that are causing the crashes when used in modern versions of Trainz. My only suggestion would be to make sure that Compatibility mode is set to Maximise compatibility under the Trainz Setting > Dev panel of the launcher.

Last edited:
Back