I am looking for vulcan's official web page covering the Aircraft Action Trigger.

JonMyrlennBailey

I want to learn every setting available for this trigger by the numbers.

I am setting up vulcan's own Air Force One Presidential jumbo jet on my Mojave route. I built a 11,000-foot-long runway as part of a crude air strip in the Mojave desert so the American President can land the Boeing 747 near the town of Tehachapi, California. The plane will fly (drive?) at low-speed (about half cruising speed or 275 knots) on a course over the Mojave Sub train board at about 2,500 feet above the ground (absolute altitude). Getting the invisible track at the correct altitude, especially over mountainous areas to simulate a real-world aircraft flight trajectory can be a challenge. Trainz track altitude is relative to the train board (sea level) and not the ground directly below. Getting the glide path for a proper landing approach will also be tricky.

Any tips on setting up "realistic-looking" airplane flight on a Trainz layout from fellow Trainzers with a knack for this sort of specialty would be a boon to me. I have mastered Trainz helicopters. They are relatively easy to set up as compared with fixed wing flight because they are slow-moving and fly or hover low on simple paths (trajectories) and can land vertically on a small spot.

Last edited:
Back