How to sell a house

YES!

also, $165k is £83,367.07 at the currenct exchange rate

What if you don't have much stuff?

How dare you? Besides, don't you guys get tired carrying around all those pounds of money? :wave:

Bernie
who carries a couple ounces at most :'(

And another one.
Is this becoming a trend?
This one isn't cheap.
http://www.ashlandtrainhouse.com/
Well I don't know. Is Virginia to Washington like Surrey is to London? If so, that property would be going for well over £1,000,000 in the UK rather than a snip at £575,000 in the US.

Still, it looks absolutely gorgeous. And trains at the bottom of your garden! Where's my financial advisor......:eek:

Well, at least the second one looks like it has indoor plumbing. I guess the folks selling the first one have a sense of humor "possible bed & breakfast". For who, the mule deer? Yeah, your garden will be their breakfast, if you're still in bed...

Had a good look round

Marsland Neb--Good thing its on the right (left) side of the tracks -In google earth there are two trains passing each other about 5 mile or so from here - each 2400 yards long- that would take about 10 mins to clear the crossing at freight speed- big climb towards Crawford 1260m to 1380 m - in 10 miles 120 metre = 390 feet close on 1% grade Going south it is 1260 to 1320 in 4 miles 195 feet also a 1% grade -- Snorting diesels - shaking ground- all hours of the day and night - Sounds like freight heaven
Waz

Last edited:
Nebraska is great since they forgot you get Great big snowstorms, and Tornados in spring to fall.

I was out in this area last month chasing severe storms. The tornados are great and so are the supercell thunderstorms. :D

Check out www.silverliningtours.com home page. The storm pictures shown for the NLLT and the SLT are the storms that I saw out there.

If I had the extra money, I'd definitely buy this place. It has the best of both worlds. Great severe thunderstorms, and trains. I could set it up as a BNB for storm chasers and railfans. ;)

John

Don't forget the high cost of heating the place in the long winters due to the high cost of propane, or heating oil.
I grew up in York Nebraska on a farm, so know all about the long cold winters. We used coal for heating most of the time, until my parents remodeled in 1962 and switched over to all electric.
The closest a tornado ever came to our place was 1 mile. I remember going to the cellar a lot to wait out the storms.

Back