How to Re-skin

locomotive10

Southern Railway Forever!
Hello All,

Is there anyone who can give me a detailed tutorial on how to re-skin engines and rolling stock and what program I should use?

Loco10

Some tips.

Well if you have TRS2006 theres something called PaintShed with it.:sleep:

If your into more fancy things try PSP.:cool:

If you want something simpler try Dillion's Paint tut. It use the program Paint already built in to your computer to create very cool reskins.:D

Look on the forums there are some really great reskinners around. PM them and ask them what to try and what programs they use. People are very nice and will help you very greatfully.:)

Good Luck!
Im a reskinner myself but I dont know nothing about those fancy programs I mainly use Dillion's technique.:cool:

BTW try Paint.NET. Its useful and a beefed up version of Paint but its much better! Just use Dillion's way with it. :D

Flamerail used to have a tutorial on Trains Locomotive Works, but I don't know if it's still there.
Ed

Wait,

I can create re-skins using Paint? Wow, I'm going to try that now. But I'd like to get a more prfessional program to use permanantly. But for right now, Paint here I come.

Loco10

Thanks Titanic and Euphod,

But Titanic that really didn't help. I'd like some more detail. Like what is the PSP? And how do I re-skin Locomotives in Paint?????

I need details. Is there anyone who can really help me?

Loco10

Titanic,

I don't need Paintshed, I know how to work that.

I need a re-skinning program for Steam Locomotives. My railroad is set in that late steam era, with steam being the mainstay of my line's roster. The SMC owns 30 steam locomotives, but only 7 diesel units.

So if anyone can get me help, please do.

Loco10

Last edited:
Back